PayPal ,eBay, people that jump to conclusions here & elsewhere

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hugh Stiel, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Hugh Stiel, [​IMG]
    View online [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NOTICE OF CLASS-ACTION SETTLEMENT.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and Nov. 5, 2015. Certain Settlement Class Members who had a hold or reserve placed on their account and/or who had their account closed or suspended by PayPal are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form.

This notice summarizes the proposed settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the Settlement Agreement available at http://www.accountholdsettlement.com/ or by visiting the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

I got the same email and was going to post it here. What exactly does it mean? Do I get free money?

4. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

This really only benefits the law firms, the average user gets virtually nothing if they're entitled to anything at all.

paypallawsuit.jpg

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I have not personally received this notice but if there are funds to be recovered from this I'm in. I just got one from Sears about my dishwasher, no big deal because if the settlement comes the most I'll receive is a 15% discount on a new one or $300.00 towards a new one if mine caught fire. I was in on the Verizon third party charges scam lawsuit and recovered $130.00, that was a nice surprise.

Endeavor likes this.
  6. Hugh Stiel

Let's go back a couple years and what say you that attack people without all the knowledge of the hell they have gone though. When your right, you don't hide. Time and a little good luck, the truth will be scene. I would hope every so called dead beat gets a personal apology.
    If a new person is trying to explain how they have been screw by a large company or two, please take the time to listen. They are most likely telling the truth. This is America where we fight for what is right.
    Congratulations to all others that were involved with this. The settlement may be little. For me , it clears my name sufficiently .
    The bully's won't change.
    Every dog has its day!
    Now to my current war with large companies above the law.
    Hugh

7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yes, if you want to go through the trouble . . . there won't be much money in it for you though. Typically, the set-asides for such settlements amount to very little for each of the claimants . . . much more of it goes to the law firm handling the action.

I'll get more satisfaction out of denying the law firm their share of my settlement if I don't claim my settlement at all.

Ambulance chasers . . . slam the tranny in reverse and back over'em. Okay, not really . . . just trying to be humorous.

8. Hugh Stiel

How many read my post and their first thought is " I'm in " how much can I Get? Please remember the hundreds that were called dead beats, crooks, and worse by many on this board and others.
    Who were told they would need a supina to get any information about their accounts or money.

I refer to the events where PayPal froze funds and information making it mpossible for individuals to know who had been paid or not. Some sellers getting paid 2 or 3 times others not at all.
    They cursed the buyers and couldn't believe that it was PayPal in the way 100%.

9. Hugh Stiel

Only one reason people put you down. To push them selve up.

10. Hugh Stiel

Isn't it iroronic EBay and PapPal split the sheets a few short months ago.

11. Hugh Stiel

They also agree to change their rules so what happened can't happen again. Well we shall
    See how sincere they are about that.
    $4,000,000 payout plus fees.
    Sometimes hearing your right is plenty enough.
    They can keep my $2000 too for much needed PR.

12. Hugh Stiel

Benefit for everyone is companies doing the same thing will think twice. I know Of a few

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Looks like I might be due $3. I don't think I'm going to bother.

afantiques likes this.
  14. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I am all for anything punitive which could happen to Paypal, and quite pleased to see this decision, but doubt it'll have any real effect on anyone else save possibly other companies which find themselves carving unregulated niches in usually-regulated arenas (maybe Uber and their ilk, for example).

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I can understand Hugh's position in being exonerated so to speak but if they owe me this for freezing my funds and making money transfers hard, which they did, then I feel it's proper to claim those funds as part of their making life hard for me. They are getting their just dues here no matter the amount paid out. Does anyone remember years ago getting checks in the mail for between 2 & 5 cents from supposed prize companies trying to shag you out of your money to buy worthless junk? I got plenty of them and cashed every one of them in knowing it cost that company 50 cents to have the check cashed. It was not the money, it was the principal. Even the Disabled Vets Assoc. is sending a nickel in their requests for donations. I give to this organization but what a waste of funds better off going directly to the Vets. Too many companies and organizations get too political and over step their bounds, it usually comes back to bite them in the end.

Endeavor likes this.
  16. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Yea it's just a bunch of dogs eating each other here. Personally, in this case, if I can get something out of it I don't care that it may benefit the attorneys more. That doesn't mean that I would only look to do what's beneficial for me in any circumstance. Just in this (or similar) case where you have two money hungry parties involved. Now if there was nothing to be gained for me, I agree. I would hope for attorneys to make less. Even if there is something to be gained I hope they make less, but I'm not giving up my share.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    tommyc03 likes this.
  17. Endeavor

Exactly.

tommyc03 likes this.
  18. Endeavor

That's noble of you to point out that some folks (including yourself) did get shafted in order for this settlement to have happened. Also true that some of those folks may have been told they were overreacting or complaining over nothing. However "this is America" so nothing new really - as far as major corporations bullying.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about those that told you to stop bitching or about having to be exonerated by them. Just fight for yours and do the best you can. Don't worry about all the rest.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted