Pawn shop pick-ups...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I hope it comes back real. (1932-S) However, even pawn shops know that is a key date, and if it was in the junk silver box, it was looked at, and determined to be an added S. Why are none of the other letters/ numbers/ raised areas surrounded by as much darkness as the S? The skeptic in me says it is not legit. I hope I am wrong.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

The dark stuff around the MM is a good sign for a legitimate coin. So is the slight basin that the S is sitting in. I will end up sending it in. But I'm not concerned with it being authentic or not. :)

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Well, for $3.50, you can't really go wrong, unless you bought it from a giant crustacean from the paleolithic era. :p

5. B Darnell

B Darnell New Member

6. B Darnell

B Darnell New Member

7. B Darnell

B Darnell New Member

The guys that have the shop by me say,buy at half sell at full doubled.so something at forty bucks ,they only have ten bucks in it. I usually go by that in other shops and most of the time get it for fifteen to twenty bucks as an example. He is fifth generation and we are pretty close.

8. jrs146

jrs146 Active Member

Wow great pickup!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. jtlee321

Thanks! Now I just need to send it in.

10. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

11. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand???? Inquiring minds want to know.

12. jtlee321

I'm 100% certain it will be genuine. I am putting together some coins to send in under an economy order. I'm still gathering coins that I want to pay to have graded, so it will be a while yet before it goes in. And when it does, it will be at least a month and a half at a minimum to get graded.

Draft saved Draft deleted