Pause in production of Morgan and Peace dollars for 2022

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CygnusCC, Mar 14, 2022.

1. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I take all news from the mint as a scam of some sort.

Marsden and Penna_Boy like this.
  4. Sting 60

Sting 60 Well-Known Member

They blame this on silver blank shortages but still fulfill countless of commemorative coins that celebrate anything under the sun. :rolleyes:

Marsden, Inspector43 and DCR Jerry like this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Somewhere mixed in to that memo I received from the Mint is my new motto, 'follow the money'. Something smells fishy.

6. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

Geezo, I am shocked beyond words!

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

They do two subjects a year that they are mandated to do by law

8. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

it's still on the mint schedule for fall of 2022..... you'd think they would take it down in a timely manner, I mean the news release was yesterday, but still..... I don't think the idea they had trouble getting the blanks came as a surprise to them.

Maybe they should kill the colorized purple heart coin and make the morgan instead..... they got like 5 commem dollars and medals this year they could seriously cancel something else if they wanted to, but they want the colorized gimmicks I guess, just like the 6 christmas ornaments....hahaha

-jeffB and Inspector43 like this.
  9. Inspector43

Whatever! They get none of my money anymore.

Penna_Boy likes this.
  10. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I don't know why they would continue them anyway. Wasn't commemorating the 100 year anniversary enough?

Penna_Boy and Inspector43 like this.
  11. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

"This calculated pause is directly related to the global pandemic’s impact upon the availability of silver blanks from the Mint’s suppliers. The suspension will give the Mint time to evaluate the best way to allocate our limited supply of silver to ensure the best customer experience we can."

Why does the term "mealy-mouthed" come to mind?

My guess is that they're just "exhausted" from all their "hard work" and want to take some time off.

The "global pandemic" has come in very handy for all sorts of people who want to enjoy a "calculated pause."

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. Inspector43

They are having a difficult time trying to design, fabricate and promote the next artificial scarcity.

Vertigo and green18 like this.
  13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Saves me a bit of 'jing'...........now what 'modern rot' am I gonna buy with my newly re-established proceeds? devil.gif

Inspector43 likes this.
  14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

By law they HAVE to make the commemoratives. They are NOT required to make the Morgan and Peace dollars. So if there is a risk of not being able to supply the planchets for everything, it's the Morgan and Peace that get cut.

15. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Wonders what this announcement will do to silver prices? Maybe they go higher now that the US mint a admits there's supply chain shortages...

16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It'll have absolutely no impact on silver prices

GoldFinger1969 and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted