Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

Very nice Mr. Brown, very nice. I've been looking at those exact ones for a while now as well as the $10 Gold certificate but was not ready just yet. Digging through some old things I've been hording (lol) I had forgotten I had this WWII Military script & booklet.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

Correction: The booklet is WWII, the script is 1964 Vietnam era. Previous holder of these items was a Chaplain in (both) WWII & Vietnam

4. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Very interesting items.. I've looked at the Military Scrip, but never bought any. I served briefly in Korea in 1952 on a training TDY. No fun, but better than Vietnam, where the enemy could be a teenager...

I'd like to buy a nixed lot of those, just to get my feet wet. I've also almost pulled the plug on the catalog... I'd be primarily interested in Korean material..

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

I'm retired Military 22 years & a short stay in Iraq. I know what no-fun means. I feel your pain and thank you for your service brother.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Well nobody can say you underbid for that Easthampton...

8. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a world away, this 1000 Korun note issued om 1932 from the now defunct country of Czechoslovakia. Many of this have punch cancels but this does not, in medium but nice grade, love the engraving on the front, just fantastic, and it is a big note in hand as well...

upload_2019-5-5_20-52-37.png

upload_2019-5-5_20-54-9.png

hotwheelsearl and Legomaster1 like this.
  9. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

Beautiful art work... someone put their heart into this image.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I received a sample printing of the same note with the ABNC Archives Collection.

39F052E8-B77E-4740-931D-15649ABC7F0A.jpeg 441E2D6E-B87D-47B8-9DC9-4104BC8F2B49.jpeg

11. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

I have one on the way ($100 Conferderate note) only because I like the Civil War era.... will post.

12. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

I'm looking for books on US Paper Currency ... past/present. Mostly for history and anything How thery were minted. Internet is filled with .... stuff... looking for directions from the experts.

13. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

I remember when I received a letter and brochure from ABNC announcing the printing of the series. I think I still have the brochure (somewhere??), but I didn't spend the money, which I had, and probably bought gold jewelry from HSN to use as gifts for family... oh well... They are still mostly beautiful, and I wouldn't mind owning a set.

14. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

What was the TDY for? What was your specialty? ack then I would have been CBR (Chemical, Biological, Radialogical Trainer).

15. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is one that I got in pursuit of a new display frame I wanted to do, this Troy NY $5 as part of an ancient cities frame. Troy, Sparta, Rome, Carthage, etc... making progress but only slowly I am afraid...

upload_2019-5-8_11-16-58.png

upload_2019-5-8_11-18-38.png

16. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

I like it.. very different. I have one on the way that I will post when it arrives.

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Looks like ink transfer. Came in contact with another bill before the ink dried, but others here know more about such things so let's hope they respond as well.

18. Sir Guardian

Sir Guardian Member

To the left of the portrait there is a second "forward" impression without ink WIN_20190413_14_08_15_Pro.jpg

19. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see that PCGS labeled your Hawaii bill that way. Leads one to think the bill was printed in Hawaii. PMG labeled mine in what I believe is the correct description.

Hawaii $1 Cert..jpg

Hawaii $1 Cert back.jpg

20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup should start to show the gathering steam toward nationals in my collecting and full decent into madness... this 1902 date back $10 from Woodbine, Iowa. A single bank issuing town, this is the only date back known that isn't serial #1. I'd of course prefer the #1 but that ain't in the cards...

upload_2019-5-10_12-26-39.png

upload_2019-5-10_12-28-49.png

I think this is the bank itself...

[​IMG]

21. lettow

lettow Senior Member

It came in contact with itself. It was folded in a wallet for a long time. The smeared serial number on left matches the green ink on the lower right. The ghosted frame to the left of Washington will match up with the right side of the printed frame.

Draft saved Draft deleted