Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Another Chilean note. I just like them because they're big.
    img288.jpg
    img289.jpg

Endeavor likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

bigger is always better...LOL

4. Wingnut6999

Wingnut6999 Currency loving custodian

Just pulled the trigger on this deuce. Love it being from the first block and Lyons and Roberts sigs. Can't wait for it to get here. Also bidding on a black eagle with the same symbols and sigs. 1899obv.jpg 99deucerev.jpg

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this 1902 $10 plain back from the Dallas National Bank. Dallas always in demand by many collectors so these notes have many buyers and fewer sellers, making every get (except for about three banks) tougher to come by. Decent overall example here...

upload_2019-2-20_0-52-59.png

upload_2019-2-20_0-55-14.png

Endeavor, hotwheelsearl and mpcusa like this.
  6. mpcusa

Decent example, very nice :)

7. hotwheelsearl

Rounding out my Chilean collection is this piece with a GORGEOUS reverse.
    I'm very partial to trains and ships on my notes, and this has a beautiful central ship image.
    img290.jpg
    img291.jpg

Zeppo Shanski and SteveInTampa like this.
  8. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

One of my few Chile notes:
    rdr__Chile_10MilEscudos_1414141_face.jpg

Zeppo Shanski likes this.
  9. hotwheelsearl

Onto some polymer notes which I think are pretty cool mainly because we don't have them in America.

2000 lei from Romania is interesting because it has no human heads - one side features space and the other features the country's outline.

img292.jpg img293.jpg

10. Wingnut6999

Wingnut6999 Currency loving custodian

Can't believe it. 1. That i finally own a 2 dollar SC. And 2. I got it today in less than 48 hours from the purchase. It's a 226a. First 2 pics are natural light. 20190221_132024.jpg 20190221_132054.jpg 20190221_133729.jpg 20190221_133810.jpg

11. hotwheelsearl

I'm glad you like your purchase! It really is a gorgeous note.

Railguy likes this.
  12. hotwheelsearl

This polymer note has some really neat colors.

Never knew that Samoa had their own currency. It apparently is pretty strong, at 2.6 Tala to the US Dollar.
    img294.jpg
    img295.jpg

Zeppo Shanski and NOS like this.
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this 1854 $1 obsolete note from The Union Bank in Georgia. I love coins on notes, but not a huge fan of cherubs, they are just weird, so, a mixed bag here. I do like a printed reverse so that's a definite plus here... some repair work here to keep the note intact with iffy results...

upload_2019-2-21_18-24-18.png

upload_2019-2-21_18-25-49.png

Zeppo Shanski and hotwheelsearl like this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Here's todays new pickup, it's the ugly one's ugly deuce sister, this $2 from the same Union Bank. Two coins, two cherubs, makes it tougher to raise the note when you get clever that way... I know you think why get these ragamuffins, get something a bit nicer? To which I say... sure... pull those up on the Heritage site and let me know, I'll wait here forever for you... just not available except in highly circulated it looks. Lord knows I've not seen them nice...

upload_2019-2-22_11-16-9.png

upload_2019-2-22_11-17-13.png

Zeppo Shanski and SteveInTampa like this.
  15. hotwheelsearl

One of those cherubs looks like it's rodeo-roping one of those coins....

I guess I ran out of polymer notes, but never fear, here's a ridiculously colorful Uzbekistani note.
    img296.jpg img297.jpg

16. mpcusa

The colors are amazing :)

17. hotwheelsearl

This is from Biafra, a secessionist state in West Africa that only lasted for less than 3 years.
    For such a small, and short-lived region the note looks surprisingly good.
    img298.jpg
    img299.jpg

18. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

19. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Always liked that series of Mexico notes, ABNCo work is excellent, and neat cultural engravings, the Aztec calendar and revolutionary monument. The Gypsy five is nice (not sure why a Moroccan woman presented as a gypsy is on a Mexican note, but...).

Today's new pickup is another Union Bank note, this one a $10 in sharper condition. Nice overprint but no printed reverse, no cherubs but no coins, a decidedly mixed opinion here - add coins and a printed back and shazam... but nonetheless nice overall and typical of the period.

upload_2019-2-23_13-31-8.png

20. mpcusa

Endeavor likes this.
  21. hotwheelsearl

Here's a large size horseblanket Cambodian note. I guess this was back when their currency was still strong enough not to shift to use of US dollars instead.

img300.jpg
    img301.jpg

midas1, Endeavor and Zeppo Shanski like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted