Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation!

Here's a 1937 series Bank of Canada $1. This series has some really nice reverses, but after the $5 they get pretty expensive.
    img266.jpg img267.jpg

Zeppo Shanski and Bambam8778 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

Here's the one my girlfriend gave to me in her card today...
    EPSON009.JPG
    EPSON010.JPG

Pretty nice gift considering that that they only printed 380,000 something of these 95 F Stars. I like it.... I didn't have a small classic FRN Fin, in the collection..now I have one of the scarcest...

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The condition is excellent !! for sure a keeper :)

5. hotwheelsearl

Nothing too special about this design, but it's iconic as the start of the revolutionary Chihuahua series - of which I now have a complete set. I posted the 20 pesos a while ago, and now I'll post the rest starting with the 50 Centavos.
    img278.jpg
    img279.jpg

Zeppo Shanski and ValpoBeginner like this.
  6. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this really sharp North Caroline state issued $3 obsolete from 1863. Nice layout with good engraving, a neat center vignette, and it's a three, my favorite denomination of course, so this note is win, win, win... many of this issues in this series from North Carolina are all well done enjoyable designs.

upload_2019-2-15_13-3-49.png

7. hotwheelsearl

This has a significantly less nice engraving than the North Carolina note...
    Although this 1 Chihuahuan peso note has a beautiful dark blue color.

img280.jpg img281.jpg

8. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Unable to tie this one down in The Standard Catalog Of World Paper Money, general or specialized issues. I think it is a denomination of one..... not Yuan, Tael, Cent, etc. Copper issue? Maybe one string? I'm stumped. Maybe not even currency.

China unknown 1 face.jpg
    China unknown 1 back.jpg

9. ValpoBeginner

It looks Japanese to me, by the characters and the mountain background. Really nice looking scenery with the pagoda in the background I don't know much about Asian notes, did you look under Japan yet?

10. ValpoBeginner

I was wrong it's 1, 000 Yuan... Did a Google image search and found it on an auction site.
    Https://jbull.com

Auction 318

" Lot 48

The Central Bank and the local money bank voted a set of 27 banknotes, including 1930-49 sheet metal 5 yuan, 1 yuan, 1,000 yuan and 10,000 yuan, of which 3 are money bank tickets, eight products to new."

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Muzyck likes this.
  11. hotwheelsearl

It is year 1928 (Mingguo 14), so probably Republic of China (Taiwan).

It is denominated "yi diao," which is one string of 1,000 coins.

On the obverse, above the denomination, reads "huang shan guan de tai chang" which means "yellow mountain...something" since the rest doesn't really make sense to me.

The back top says "ren piao bu ren ren" - which means, "recognize ticket, do not recognize person."

No idea what that is supposed to mean, but perhaps encouraging people to use the notes instead of personal credit? No clue.

Muzyck and ValpoBeginner like this.
  12. hotwheelsearl

5 pesos from revolutionary Chihuahua has a reverse color scheme very reminiscent of the older El Banco Minero 2 pesos. Beautiful pinkish red.

img282.jpg
    img283.jpg

13. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Lucky me. :rage: I found my way to auction 318, lot 48 and got this..

An error occured. Our IT-team has been informed and will fix it as soon as possible.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Edit; found the image. That's it! Thanks.

14. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

From my meager Mexico banknote "stash":
    Mexico_1915_50centavos_revolutionary_EstadodeChihuahua_PS527a_M918a-b_face.jpg Mexico_Chihuahua_5Pesos_264682_face.jpg rdr_mexico_sonora_34743.jpg

15. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Thanks. Yellow Mountain refers to Mount Huangshan in the south of Anhui Province. Maybe a private pavilion issue. Maybe a reproduction which may explain why the seller did not properly identify it.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  16. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this Boston 1875 National ace from the Feneuil Hall National Bank. A rare to uncommon bank, this note proves the maxim of rarity over condition when grabbing nationals. I'll be sure to upgrade it when I get a better one in the change window at Burger King...

upload_2019-2-16_15-32-29.png

upload_2019-2-16_15-55-16.png

17. hotwheelsearl

That looks like it has a nice reverse engraving... if i could see it :)

This is a ratty example of Chihuahuan 10 pesos. There's absolutely no reason to get a rag when it comes to these notes, but whatever...
    img284.jpg
    img285.jpg

18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

If you need more proof of rarity over condition, look no further than this 1929 $20 national from Clairton PA. I always and game for an inexpensive rescue note, and from a rare bank, I take it. No smalls listed the last few years, though I did go after a large size last year (only two notes listed in public auctions)... I even like the serial number...

upload_2019-2-17_11-21-9.png

upload_2019-2-17_11-25-10.png

19. hotwheelsearl

Something that isn't in poor condition is this very cheap but super neat Chile 10 Escudos. It is a large size horseblanket which is a bit odd for its later date of 1962-1975

img286.jpg
    img287.jpg

midas1 likes this.
  20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this Fakey McFakerton 50-cent 4th series fractional featuring Honest Abe. Or it would, if it were real. It's amazing how well many counterfeits look and amazing how hard it is for them to get the face right, which is always the easiest way to spot a fake. I'd find it extremely hard to determine the reverse to be a fake, but I can tell by the portrait in a fraction of a second. If only they'd known, we'd have had big faced notes long before now...

upload_2019-2-18_9-54-32.png

upload_2019-2-18_9-54-43.png

Michael K and hotwheelsearl like this.
  21. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Draft saved Draft deleted