Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple Series 1928 Numericals...

P21 (1).jpg P22 (1).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing :)

Endeavor likes this.
  4. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

5. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Found on the Bay; serial number is higher than reported observed in 10th edition of Small-Size Paper Money page 111; I think I keep it :)
    ===
    FRN_1928_$5_D59269311A_face.jpg
    === backplate 1681

6. moneycostingmemoney

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Hands down, my favorite thread on this forum. Some really nice, interesting eye candy from everyone. Great job.

These arrived today from a fellow member over at Coin Community Forum. He got a pack of interesting serials on non-star $5's with four leading zeros, and this pair was also in the pack. These are sheet replacement star notes and they usually show up in pairs in packs of non-star notes. GEM centering and pack fresh from a short run of 320,000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. moneycostingmemoney

@SteveInTampa i agree. I do the CRH but find strap searching, and this thread, to be the best. Sweet Lincolns btw. You seem to target the bills that will be what people are asking for down the road. Nice/smart work! I've been sticking to fed straps of singles but am tempted to move into higher denominations to see what I find in those straps. HH!

ValpoBeginner likes this.
  9. SavageFountain

SavageFountain Active Member

Got this at the local coin shop today for 2 bucks. I got home and realized it was a radar. 20170519_235345-1.jpg 20170519_235335-1.jpg

10. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Morocco, 1943

Saw this one about a week ago. I wasn't looking for one but really liked it. In hand within the last 30 minutes...

Maroc 50 francs front.jpg Maroc 50 francs back.jpg

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice detail on the front especially like the ship coming in to port :)

Muzyck likes this.
  12. Endeavor

I don't really collect $2 notes, but this one was a star red seal for a decent price so I got it.

P24.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  13. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I really like the backs of these older $2 LT's....Monticello

ValpoBeginner and Endeavor like this.
  14. Endeavor

Funny that you mention that cause until recently I had no idea the reverse was this view of Monticello. Someone posted it on Instagram and I was perplexed. I always thought the reverse of all $2 small-size notes were the Signing of Declaration of Independence.

The Monticello reverse is now my favorite part of any $2 note design, lol.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  15. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

New acquisition for my Large Size Nationals radar collection (now have 3 of them)
    ===
    NTL_rdr_CantonOH_62826_face.jpg

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I like the note very much. I have prob asked this before, but what is the number in the upper right? B412928E

17. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  18. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

19. Endeavor

20. stlnats

stlnats Active Member

Upper right is the treasury serial number and was numbered/incremented across all banks for a given denomination sheet format. The lower left is the bank serial number and was numbered only within a given bank (and denomination format). So this is from the 62,826th sheet of $10s issued to the bank. The use of treasury serials on nationals ceased after August 22, 1925 and the bank serial number appeared in both positions.

21. Endeavor

Draft saved Draft deleted