Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg last for now..$1 a note IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0006.jpg

hotwheelsearl, Endeavor, Nas and 3 others like this.
  4. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

5. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

ohh a couple more.. IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0010.jpg

hotwheelsearl, Endeavor, Nas and 3 others like this.
  6. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

7. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

OK, as far as I can tell from the first three in order these would be my estimated grades; AU-58 to CU 60 because of the paper wave,57 A is a solid CU63, and finally the 57B is the best of the non stars, a GEM 66, or maybe even 67.

OK now for the stars, The first is off-center in cut and has some possible evidence of handling the stain in the upper margin, last right quadrant but it could be something else, that might be a CU 63 , The second the 57 A is a nice note, one tiny crease or minor split corner in left corner of the obverse so CU-63, and the final note, my favorite still, a GEM 68.

Please keep in mind that I'm no pro. I can just tell you my opinion of the pictures, I like to take a nice sideways look at the note to see the sheen, plate marks, and embossing. But your notes do not look tampered with at all. As far as value the, highest value note, the 57B* graded could go for 70-90 bucks.

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  8. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very clean excellent find :)

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Beautiful 53A $5 SC star @moneycostingmemoney

My latest is from a super low run of 80,000 notes.

[​IMG]

This may end up being the key to the series......only time will tell.

11. moneycostingmemoney

Thank you @SteveInTampa

You got one! I've been writing a list of bills to keep an eye out for while strap searching and that is the top bill. Clean with no folds and nice margins- how I hope to find one if I'm lucky enough to. Very nice find! I do have one question... I noticed the seal is from the bank of San Francisco and the chart Im following shows that series printed in Ft Worth, TX with that run having the same 80000 printed. I found the link on a thread here on CT but it shows nothing for San Fran
    http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_s.html
    Is there a better source that would include the San Fran prints or is this from a special series that they do exclusively, like "proofs" for my lack of a better term?

12. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My oldest daughter just came back from a little trip to England. She pulled this out of circulation for me. These are the new polymer 5 Pound notes. 20170515_184312.jpg 20170515_184342.jpg

13. moneycostingmemoney

I'm usually not one for foreign currency but that is a neat note. Mr Churchill's smile is the best.

14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

He looks constipated. And a little like WC Fields.

15. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

A serious face for a serious dude.

16. Larry Salemme

Larry Salemme Active Member

I received this Dollar Bill in change from store with two different years in serial # 1897 and 1827 is this a collectable

Attached Files:

• one3.jpg
      one3.jpg
      File size:
      203.4 KB
      Views:
    • one4.jpg
      one4.jpg
      File size:
      203.4 KB
      Views:
  17. moneycostingmemoney

Perhaps to someone whom those years are dear to. I'd say it's an almost repeater.

18. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

NVM.
    It read like there were 2 diff serials on the same note.

19. Larry Salemme

Larry Salemme Active Member

I guess my question should have been if two different years in the same serial # on a bill out of the eight numbers in a serial number would this make it a collectable, sorry if I misled anyone

20. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

21. moneycostingmemoney

We weren't misled it was a valid question. We could dub it the Dick Johnson note though.
    IMG_0720.PNG

ValpoBeginner and Endeavor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted