Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Who doesn't like a note with cattle and pretty girls......is the vertical red line part of the design, or some added graffiti ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

A found this 1934A $5 on the Bay, semi-elusive L-A block.
    ==
    [​IMG]

Endeavor likes this.
  4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

What kind of deal did you end up getting on it ?

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Steve - it's not graffiti but I am not sure what it is - more than half the examples at HA have this same vertical red line in the same place, not sure what the reason is, but it was deliberate and not random or some dude with a red pen...

Today's new pickup will be one of the last for a while, long vacation coming up, so enjoy these last few pickups. The new pickup stack is literally falling over, so I got to scan when I get back...

And without further ado, this $3 obsolete from New Jersey is an interesting design. Eschewing the normal picture of crap in the middle, picture of some dude on the side, some metaphorical figure on the other side, this note has three large counters across that tell the whole tale of the note - three treys, three bucks, that's it. I like it... and those large red overprint three protectors are zazzy...

[​IMG]

Endeavor and techwriter like this.
  6. techwriter

Found this weekend at VERY good price. Nothing rare or scarce, just a nice type note to have in one's collection.
    ==
    [​IMG]

Endeavor likes this.
  7. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I've wanted one of these for years. Not the prettiest of notes but it fits into my budget.
    s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg

8. techwriter

rooman9, if you like it--go for it. This Georgia note isn't in gem condition but if fit in my budget. Collect what YOU like and be happy. :)
    ==
    [​IMG]

Endeavor and rooman9 like this.
  9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this engraving heavy $2 obsolete from New Jersey. This Gloucester County Bank deuce has alot of engraved real estate, nice in design and quality as one would expect from ABNCo. Like the deep green overprint as well. Of special interest is the freakish large giant woman in the engraving on the right, who in scale to those cattle appears to be approximately 18 feet in height.

[​IMG]

Endeavor and SteveInTampa like this.
  10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Wait...what cattle ?

I thought those were dogs.

11. techwriter

A surprise acquisition from Heritage auction:
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]

Endeavor, SteveInTampa and MEC2 like this.
  12. techwriter

Arrived today :)
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]

Endeavor, MEC2 and MitchBailey like this.
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

That star looks like a note I didn't win on eBay... can't find the auction now though so maybe not.

Today's new pickup before my extended break is this $3 (my favorite!) obsolete from Maryland's Someset and Worcester Bank. Lots of design elements at work here, alot of nice ABNCo engraving work, three 3 counters, a big red three overprint, everything says three dollars, and three only, note-raisers...

[​IMG]

Endeavor and MitchBailey like this.
  14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Got these back from PMG when I got home from ANA and Hawaii. What's unique about them to me is that I brought them home with me from my tour in Vietnam in 68-69 and had them stashed all these years and finally decided to send them in. Had two of each. Thought they came out pretty good.
    1964 20 DONG SVN.jpg 1966 50 DONG SVN.jpg

15. techwriter

Found this nice 1934-A $5 FRN on the Bay
    ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Endeavor likes this.
  16. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

This $20 error note just arrived; I got it for less than $3 over face on Ebay so I'm pretty happy.

img20160826_15550800.jpg

img20160826_15550800 (2).jpg

17. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Bet the seller is thrilled with that non-profit transaction... I got a low ball Dallas 1914 for face on eBay once. Got a picture somewhere... there it is...

[​IMG]

Never argue with face. Never.

Well, today's is probably my last post for a month, so here it goes, the next one up is... this counterfeit obsolete from the Union Bank. The forgers worked hard to make a nice note, did a pretty decent job, but you can see the difference in the fine quality of engravings between most counterfeits and the professionals at the note houses, and that is in evidence here. Still a neat example for a note that I don't think has many if any actual legit survivors...

[​IMG]

techwriter, scotts1 and Endeavor like this.
  18. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

19. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Beautiful parade of 67's!

Endeavor likes this.
  20. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

Well, it was about to sell for $20.50 before I placed my last-second bid so I guess it could've been worse for the seller. It'd be pretty great to get a 1914 for face even though it looks horribly burned.

21. techwriter

One of three from recent Heritage auction:
    ==
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted