Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Just got this one.German, I like the artistry on this. I refuse to buy after WW1 notes or coins, but that's another story...

Attached Files:

jester3681 and techwriter like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this Georgia $100 from 1862. Always liked the designs Georgia did during the Civil War, they changed year to year but had similar elements usually between the denominations for the year. This is a nice example, these all seem double stamped, sometimes a different color (seen reds and greens on different years)...

[​IMG]

Quant.Geek and SteveInTampa like this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Another addition to my serial #12 collection.
    This one is pack fresh with GEM margins, and from the 12th District.

[​IMG]

5. Net-Steals

Net-Steals New Member

Great notes you got here. They are nice...

6. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this vividly inked $10 Confederate note. This is one of those notes that I had bid on over, and over, and over, and never won, always the underbidder, never the bride. I finally got this very nice one at a very good deal - go figure! Cut cancelled like many are, I've never seen this note so darkly inked. It's a popular note (hence my problem) and there is an extremely well done contemporary counterfeit out there that unless you know what to look for, you are going to not tell the difference. Both are neat but I held out for the real deal of course...

[​IMG]

7. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

The gentleman picking cotton looks like the Wolfman.

Makanudo and MitchBailey like this.
  8. Net-Steals

Net-Steals New Member

Looks so true... lol... that was a good one.

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

looks like persistence paid off there ")

10. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this well traveled $1 Rhode Island obsolete from the Tiverton Bank. I think that one cow is looking to make a move on the other one. You know which one I am talking about. That red overprint has him excited. Kid next to them has no idea what's going on, cause he's just a boy... but I think it's bovine bow chick-a bow-bow time...

[​IMG]

11. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Damn, MEC2, I am totally jealous. Even though it has been cut cancelled, that is one of the best notes I have seen for that series. Kudos. The Georgia note is also outstanding.

12. SteveInTampa

I love all of the obsoletes and large size notes with vignettes of livestock......and trains, and ships, and Indians, and so on.

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Yep, same here Steve, always something to like on those obsolete engravings...

Speaking of, here's another new pickup, today a $1 from the Augusta Insurance and Banking Co, same bank as a few days ago. Also the same, an interesting non-standard design, also by the fine lads at ABNCo and the quality of the design shows. Liberal use of fancy red overprint protectors, the off center design, curved text, and I do believe they've attracted a centaur to their water trough...

[​IMG]

SteveInTampa and jester3681 like this.
  14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Todays return from PMG.
    1969 5 BAHT.jpg 1969-78 10 BAHT.jpg 1969-78 100 BAHT.jpg 1971-81 20 BAHT.jpg 1975-88 500 BAHT.jpg 1978 100 BAHT.jpg 1980 10 BAHT.jpg 1981 20 BAHT.jpg 1985-96 50 BAHT.jpg 1994 100 BAHT.jpg 1969 5 BAHT.jpg 1969-78 10 BAHT.jpg 1969-78 100 BAHT.jpg 1971-81 20 BAHT.jpg 1975-88 500 BAHT.jpg 1978 100 BAHT.jpg 1980 10 BAHT.jpg 1981 20 BAHT.jpg 1985-96 50 BAHT.jpg 1994 100 BAHT.jpg

15. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

16. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

My new one:✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hotwheelsearl and midas1 like this.
  17. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

18. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

19. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup (man I keep dropping the ball, and the unscanned stack is two inches at least, ugh) is this Rhode Island $1 obsolete from the Bank of the South County. Not sure if the South Country is related to the North Forty, but the kid in the vignette seems chipper about it, though I gotta say he's pretty cavalier with the scythe, being lazy with a scythe is a great way to end up with a nickname like "Lefty"...

[​IMG]

Makanudo, MitchBailey and jester3681 like this.
  20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this beat-ass Towanda Bank Deuce from Pennsylvania. Notes on this bank have a similar central vignette of the rampant horses, but it's not as easy to get as one might think... only two examples in Heritage archives and I haven't spied a decent one on eBay. So this is as good as it gets... for now. eBay DOES have a selection of "Straight Outta Towanda" shirts though, if that helps...

[​IMG]

21. SteveInTampa

Cool note @MEC2 ....are you able to read a date anywhere on the note, and how does it feel "in hand" ?

Draft saved Draft deleted