Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Just liked the name, plus it fits right into my "small change" collection.
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    Historical note from Georgia Historical Society:
    "10 cent scrip issued by the Walker Iron and Coal Company of Rising Fawn, Georgia dated January 1, 1883 and signed by l. S. Colyan, General Manager. Scrip is secured between two pieces of acrylic for display. The Walker Iron and Coal Company, a producer of pig-iron, was located in Dade County, Georgia and owned by Joseph E. Brown. Company scrip could either be issued as an advance on a miners salary or in rural areas where cash was scarce used instead, all company scrip could only be used or exchanged at the company store. Many coal companies in the south utilized convict labor after the Civil War."
    http://georgiahistory.pastperfectonline.com/webobject/2CCA7A65-622E-4B2D-B23C-392244844100

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this nice obsolete New Jersey $10 remainder from the State Bank of New Brunswick. A pleasing design with nice green overprint protector, and a colorful printed reverse as a bonus...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Let's follow up that last New Jersey obsolete with another on the same bank, this one a well worn $1 that I believe also shares a similar design in at least the $2 denomination as well. I just recall seeing this layout elsewhere at least with the same girl and dog engravings...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

The girl engraving was used in a lot of notes, including the one below. I don't remember seeing the dog, though:

[​IMG]

silentnviolent and Endeavor like this.
  6. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I checked, the $2 and $3 of the same series have the same dog and girl in slightly different layouts, I knew they had them on more notes on that series...

Enough about that new pickup, let us talk about this new pickup. This sharp New Jersey remainder is a $3 from The Sussex Bank. Sharp note with alot of great design features, big engraved center vignette, denom protector is fancy across the bottom too. I do love me some $3 notes (probably my favorite, I love $4's too but they are too rare, and the $2's a little too common, so the $3 fits in my Goldilocks zone...) so this example pleases me...

[​IMG]

7. Bayern1900

Bayern1900 Member

Picked up at a local coin show... 2 sequential 100 mark notes from the state of Bayern 1922.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quant.Geek and Endeavor like this.
  8. techwriter

Found this while trolling around on eBay
    [​IMG]

Quant.Geek, Endeavor and jester3681 like this.
  9. techwriter

Found these on eBay, lovely radar notes
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]

Quant.Geek and Endeavor like this.
  10. techwriter

A couple more eBay finds
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

11. techwriter

First radar note for new granddaughter, Amelia, she arrived yesterday.
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

12. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and your family.

13. techwriter

Couple new ones from Heritage last night.
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

14. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Haven't picked up anything new lately but came across this one and just couldn't resist...

$5-Farmers-Merchants-Georgia.jpg

15. techwriter

Skippy, yep it is difficult to resist; don't feel too bad unless you spent the grocery money. LOL
    Very nice note, Very nice!! :cigar::happy:

16. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I can eat next week but today ....Obsolete!!!!

Endeavor likes this.
  17. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Always had it in the back of my mind to get one since I first saw them and finally did this week...

740 (1).jpg

jester3681 likes this.
  18. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Congrats on your new addition and great note!

19. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Congrats my wife and I had our first son yesterday. I hoping that I can share this hobby with him one day like my dad was able to with me.

20. logantrky

logantrky Member

My first currency purchase ever. I really dig $2 bills, especially the FRNs with the red seal. Nothing to write home about, but I'm excited. :)

Attached Files:

SteveInTampa likes this.
  21. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted