Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Got these from Heritage:
    == notes for grandon's type set
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

jester3681, scotts1, Endeavor and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You grand children will really love you when you buy each of them their first $1000 dollar note. Isn't that what grandparents do? You don't have to eat or pay monthly bills for awhile. :>)

gsalexan likes this.
  4. techwriter

saltysam, I'm fortunate that only one of my grandchildren (1 of 14 and 7/9ths) is interested in currency collecting (so far); and I'm only helping up to the $20s.

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this well worn $5 obsolete from Tennessee, the Bank of East Tennessee to be exact. Big visual elements on this note, and a colored reverse is always a big bonus. It's interesting to see how hard they worked to make this note hard to raise - all of the 5 Five V all over the note to make the note-raisers say awww screw it... has to be at least 18 different places it has the denomination...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Beautiful examples of Roman numeral counters!

7. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Glad to see you're still posting regularly MEC. Haven't seen you on the CU boards lately, but glad you're here man!

8. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Hey kook, still over there, just haven't been any threads to get into really for some reason... though my longest national name post got recently resurrected. Anyways, enough about me, let's chat about my new pickups shall we? Today's is this awesome Bank of Morgan $10 obsolete. Huge eagle, bold designs and a sharp red overprint makes this a great note for my Morgan collection, which I collect because it's my daughters name, and of course, she hates currency collecting... sigh. Though as a Batman freak she did love the Gotham national bank note I got her.

[​IMG]

9. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

My first graded note ever purchased. Also my first gold certificate and my first large note. image.jpeg image.jpeg

10. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

11. techwriter

This was just sort of a "strike your fancy" purchase:
    ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ==

12. Endeavor

13. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

1934B $5 obv.jpg
    A scarcer block for the B series. Also 2 different A's. The left one is an Early A, the right is Late A. Notice the position of the cross bar.

Quant.Geek, techwriter and Endeavor like this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a new star for my 1934 star collection, this one a $100 from New York. I normally avoid the 50's and 100's just to avoid poverty, but got a good deal on this so I pulled the trigger. By the time you collect the 1934 up through the 1934D release, on 12 districts, that's alot of cheddar if you do the 50's and 100's...

[​IMG]

15. Endeavor

Picked up a couple more red seals. Gotta love that ruby red on money...

707 (1).jpg 710 (1).jpg

16. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Picked up several notes over the past few days, thereby, leaving a giant hole in my pockets. As I start classifying them, here is a lovely light green seal $10 that is graded PCGS66EPQ I picked up recently:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Timewarp, Endeavor and techwriter like this.
  17. Endeavor

:wideyed:

18. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Mycurrencycollection can't help me with this one. Can anyone tell me any info on this one?

WP_20160502_21_21_10_Pro.jpg WP_20160502_21_21_20_Pro.jpg

Endeavor likes this.
  19. Quant.Geek

silentnviolent likes this.
  20. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Thanks that's awesome! Where can I find that info?

21. Quant.Geek

silentnviolent likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted