Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

A surprise find in a lot of "Georgia" notes:
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. techwriter

A nice 20 cents note for my "small change" collection.
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==

silentnviolent and Endeavor like this.
  4. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

img20160417_11561796.jpg
    img20160417_11584419.jpg

This error is probably my favorite recent addition:
    img20160417_12021346.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  5. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Active Member

Is that a brick of $500 notes? omg, and a brick of $10,000. $42,000,000 in just two boxes. wow, just wow.

6. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Under the $40,000,000 box there's another box with $30,000,000 in $10,000 notes. Between those 3 you have $72,000,000. That's still a fortune today. This photo appears to have been taken in first half of 20th century (?). I wonder what today's equivalent would be when adjusting for inflation. Collector value has to be multiples of face, especially if they are in pristine condition.

What do you think the odds are that one of those boxes is still together somewhere???

7. techwriter

Couple of new ones.
    == North Africa $5; from a recent New York auction
    [​IMG]
    ==
    == Hawaii $20; from Heritage auction
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]

8. Endeavor

9. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

10. Bayern1900

Bayern1900 Member

2 Notgeld notes celebrating their local fire department given to me as a gift from my girlfriend. I do enjoy these as I'm a firefighter [emoji12] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

midas1, Endeavor and silentnviolent like this.
  11. Larry Salemme

Larry Salemme Active Member

I do not know if television shows qualify for famous numbers but here is one Room 222 does anyone remember

Attached Files:

• 225.jpg
      225.jpg
      File size:
      199.4 KB
      Views:
  12. Larry Salemme

I don't know much about paper money on this this subject but I have this twenty dollar bill with 222 remember tv show Room 222 in the late 60's since they have famous years maybe tv shows with numbers hold water

Attached Files:

• 225.jpg
      225.jpg
      File size:
      199.4 KB
      Views:
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

AND I am back from Europe... pleased to report my trip was a big hit in the British Museum, where a nice lady had a "hands on" display of some old coins and notes, so I whipped the beat up 1899 Black Eagle I carry out of my money clip and everyone oohed and aahed about it, even had some folks take pictures. If I'd had my whole carry stash on me I'd have been given my own exhibit I think...

Anyways, this thread is about new pickups and by God I need to post one. Today's new pickup is this lime green seal 1934 New York $5. Nice example with strong deep black engraving and a wonderful lime for the serial and seal.

[​IMG]

14. Endeavor

Cool story @ the museum. I find non-collectors are fascinated by paper money whereas when you show them a coin they just go 'meh' and think 'what a geek'. Then again this was also in a British Museum so people there are probably more refined about arts, culture and history.

Oh and nice note! I've noticed you and I both have a zest for Lime seals.

15. Endeavor

16. Endeavor

17. chip

chip Novice collector

I do not know if it would be possible to find an unopened brick of notes such as that, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the treasury keep tabs on unredeemed gold certificates?

18. Larry Salemme

does a dollar bill 2009 with serial number B 42272227 J have any kind of value

19. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

Here are two recent pick ups that just returned from TPG. 1864 500.jpg bogus 1861.jpg bogus 1861 rev.jpg

Endeavor, MEC2, Bayern1900 and 4 others like this.
  20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Crap I am getting so lazy in posting new pickups... overwhelmed with other crap as I get old. Ah well. Today's new pickup is this tougher red seal 1914 $20 with old Grover on the front. Since the rage is talking about Andrew Jackson on the $20, here's the last $20 I believe that DIDN'T have him on it...

[​IMG]

21. Endeavor

Yes. You can find it's value in several areas. Most notably on any one of the four corners. :joyful:

saltysam-1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted