Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Ugh, keep missing days to post notes, just puts me further behind... today's new pickup is this $2 obsolete from the North Western Bank. Well done design by those fine folks at NBNCo soon to merge with ABNCo, and the 2 emblems in the corners should look familiar as they are used on other notes. Though you'd think with the deer engraving and this denomination they'd put another stag, so it'd be two bucks on two bucks...

[​IMG]

MitchBailey likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

MEC2, actually there are a couple more male deer in the vignette, in the South we call them "spikes", ones with the two small horns, can't legally hunt them at that age, however.

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Well that's why I said stag, since only adults usually get called bucks... speaking of bucks, here's a ten buck note, this brown seal jackass note. Now I have a nice red seal and a brown seal. Another seal and we can command a side ring at Ringling Brothers...

[​IMG]

5. techwriter

Well, I hate to break up all the great notes that MEC2 is sharing with us, but I wanted to share my latest; it's not so much an acquisition as it was a gift from a friend: nice up and down ladder note from Korea:

[​IMG]

silentnviolent and Timewarp like this.
  6. techwriter

Oh, and it is a RADAR too. :happy:

7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this sharp as get out $20 from the Bank of Augusta. Nice big engraving here, you get it all - an eagle, a train, a ship, a president, another train, large center engraving really stands out on this design...

[​IMG]

8. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Another day, another pickup, another obsolete, another $20... this one from the sought after Monticello Bank. Always well bid on, as my underbidding can attest, these notes have a big engraving of Monticello and other nice features that make them highly collectible. This one is well worn and might have been in a PVC holder that really colored the hell out of it. But, I'll take it...

[​IMG]

rev1774, gsalexan and jester3681 like this.
  9. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Is it worth getting these remainder notes? See a lot of them but I passed on them even though some of the notes were awesome looking. I like the signatures

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I picked these up on my last trip. Just got them today in the box that I mailed myself. I doubt they are seen too often outside of their home countries. :)

Djibouti 2000 Francs
    Djibouti 2000 Francs.jpg
    Djibouti 5000 Francs
    Djibouti 5000 Francs.jpg

silentnviolent and techwriter like this.
  11. furryfrog02

Somalia 5 Shillings
    Somalia 5 Shillings.jpg
    Somalia 20 Shillings
    Somalia 20 Shillings.jpg
    Somalia 50 New Shillings
    Somalia 50 New Shillings.jpg

12. furryfrog02

Somalia 1000 Shillings
    Somalia 1000 Shillings.jpg
    Somaliland 1000 Shillings
    Somaliland 1000 Shillings.jpg

13. furryfrog02

Mauritius 50 Rupees
    Mauritius 50 Rupees.jpg

14. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

World War 2, 10 shillings
    s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

Galen59 and techwriter like this.
  15. techwriter

furryfrog02, very nice Djibouti 5000 Franc repeater note - 02150215 :)

16. furryfrog02

Ha! I didn't even notice that! :)

17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I don't normally collect world notes, but when a serial #12 comes up......

1976 Isle of Man One Pound note

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this sharp $5 remainder from the Bank of New England. And not just any Bank of New England, but the one at Goodspeed's Landing. Just so you don't confuse it with Knots Landing...

Nice obsolete design from the talented chaps at ABNCo, really like the shipbuilding engraving on the left. The green overprint helps the girl at center say "hey sailor" with a wink and a nod...

[​IMG]

19. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Well if you liked the five, here comes the two, today's new pickup... alot of gren overprint and a nice big steamer engraving in the middle, this remainder looks great and completes the set of 1, 2, and 5...

[​IMG]

gsalexan and jester3681 like this.
  20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup was something I decided to get once I heard there was a big olde dragon on a note... this 5 mark note from Germany does indeed have a big olde dragon on it. I like it... and the front is pretty nice too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Galen59, jester3681 and rooman9 like this.
  21. techwriter

Picked this item from latest Lyn Knight auction
    == nice full wet ink transfer
    [​IMG]

midas1, gsalexan, MitchBailey and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted