Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a 100 Drachma note designed for use by Italy in the assimilated Ionian islands of Greece during the second World War. Actually a decent design for what is occupation money. And, of course it really didn't turn out the way the Italians planned, so... this represents the slightest of upgrades to my collection, so here it comes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this nice Pennsylvania obsolete $5. Pat Lyon at the forge, a ubiquitous social meme of the time off to the right, overall a nice mid-period obsolete.

[​IMG]

Quant.Geek and MitchBailey like this.
  4. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

5. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Picked up this obsolete from De Soto, Nebraska. For some reason, the steamboat just called out my name. Now, I have to complete the set. Stupid note...

desoto-01.jpg

Galen59, gsalexan and MEC2 like this.
  6. mikep

mikep Active Member

I recently picked these three up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447265565.780312.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447265576.338051.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447265584.668180.jpg

MEC2, USS656 and MitchBailey like this.
  7. mikep

mikep Active Member

And this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447265750.191592.jpg

SteveInTampa likes this.
  8. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Wow, back then Nebraska was a territory! Great pickup!

Quant.Geek and MitchBailey like this.
  9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Those DeSoto notes are very nice and very popular - not easy to grab. At least inexpensively...

Today's new note is this obsolete from North Carolina, Greensboro as it is. Now, what I have to contemplate is why the bank title shows Greensboro' Mutual with an apostrophe, a piece of punctuation I absolutely do not understand. And I have to contemplate this while the engraving of the guy right in the middle of the note looks right through my soul, that engraving sort of creeps me out man...

[​IMG]

silentnviolent and Quant.Geek like this.
  10. BMG

BMG New Member

11. DeodatusAlp2002

DeodatusAlp2002 Lowball glory!

Quite a few actually. All of these + another at least $100 in crisp old small heads for face!

Attached Files:

NSP likes this.
  12. DeodatusAlp2002

Note: the 1934 is not fake! Some fool who didn't see a watermark on the bill scribbled fake on it! :banghead::arghh:

13. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Plucked a $1 note from my till yesterday with the serial 00000320. Lowest ever so far for me.

Timewarp likes this.
  14. DeodatusAlp2002

Wow! The lowest I have found is 4 digits.

silentnviolent likes this.
  15. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Me too! My previous lowest was 000055XX

16. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

I've only ever found two three digit low notes in circulation

Low-numbers.jpg

17. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

and while not particularly low, this is the closest I've ever come to finding a solid

almost-solid.jpg

18. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

and on the other end of the spectrum, this is the highest serial number I've ever found. I'm usually looking for bills that starts with zeroes but when I saw 999 it caught my attention.

999High-Number.jpg

19. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

I'm not a paper buyer. I found these thumbing through a junk box. Couldn't pass them by so They followed me home.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447472041.649106.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447472055.596278.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447472071.728309.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447472083.096437.jpg

20. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Nice. IF you ever decide to rid yourself of the United Cigar note just let me know, it would go well with my cigar stamps and labels "accumulation" (can't call it a collection yet).

21. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Thanks, will do.

techwriter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted