Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

One word Sam: Plastics.

Today's new pickup is a super nice FRBN Ace from Boston, featuring the rarest sig combination, far less available than the two other combos. Just a gorgeous note, sometimes, that's all you have to say...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stewart dandis, NSP, USS656 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

MEC--super nice, thanks for sharing it!:)

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Beautiful new additions, MEC2!

5. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

found this in circulation

4zerobill.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    NSP, techwriter and mikep like this.
  6. techwriter

A few new ones for your viewing enjoyment:
    From Coin Club meeting/auction:
    [​IMG]
    == not much but still worth $5 and a Star note == ..
    [​IMG]
    And a radar note, not much but for the price ( 0 )
    [​IMG]
    And a replacement note ( from eBay )
    [​IMG]

USS656 and MitchBailey like this.
  7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

My latest addition to my modern star note collection.
    This note is even nicer in hand than in the scan. It's got punch through embossing and gorgeous amble margins. It was printed in Washington DC a little over a year ago in a low run of 640,000 notes.

[​IMG]

Endeavor, rev1774, USS656 and 3 others like this.
  8. mikep

mikep Active Member

Just picked this up, I'm thinking of sending it out to get graded.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441510716.850734.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441510727.203808.jpg

Silverhouse, NSP, USS656 and 4 others like this.
  9. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

It's not everyday you come across a note that makes you smile and nod your head yes. But here is a personal collection world beater even with the "little" issues. Yes, it is an inverted back, first one reported on any Shreveport, LA obsolete. ShreveportInvertedBackObsoleteFront.jpg ShreveportInvertedBackObsoleteBack.jpg

NSP, USS656, gsalexan and 4 others like this.
  10. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

That is awesome. I was born and raised in Shreveport. Beautiful example. I would like to add one of these to my collection.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Let's take a break from To Catch A Currency Predator and post a new pickup shall we? Today's new pickup is a pleasantly designed obsolete from the interestingly named Egg Harbor Bank. The colored green overprint is a plus as are the large engraved vignettes, a bit different design and excellent overall work from the folks at ABNCo...

[​IMG]

12. techwriter

Here's another Egg Harbor note with quite a history:
    The central vignette shows dogs chasing a fleeing stag. At the lower right is a patriotic eagle, at the lower left is an Indian maiden, and at the upper right is a young child. The story of the last vignette was told by Julian Blanchard in The Essay-Proof Journal, Fall 1959, "A stamp dealer pictured on a bank note: P.M. Wolsieffer, Inventor of the Approval Card." Wolsieffer, who later worked with J.W. Haseltine and still later joined the American Numismatic Association, gave an account, stating that Egg Harbor City had been incorporated in 1857: "I was the first baby born there after it was incorporated as a city, and when a bank was established there they had my father supply one of my photographs as a small child for the purpose of putting it on one of the notes."
    [​IMG]

USS656, mackwork and MitchBailey like this.
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Actually, that Egg Harbor note is in my stack of new pickups to be posted... coming up...

But not yet, because now we are posting this new pickup, it's a Hungarian Fund $1 note from 1852. Some of these Hungarian independence notes were issued in Dollars, some in Forint, and alas, despite the hopeful allegorical engraving of the upstart conquering the monarch on this note, it came to not...

[​IMG]

14. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I've got the other three, but this is the one I don't have. None of them are very expensive, but the engraving is most excellent. Very nice!

15. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I've got the five easier to get Hungary insurrection notes - there are others much tougher to get.

Today's new pickup is this International Bank One printed by ABNCo. Now, I believe there are reprints on this series, and I am not sure if this is a remainder or reprint. I decided - I don't care, I like the cut of it's jib, which is of course apropos because it has a big sailing schooner as the center vignette...

[​IMG]

16. techwriter

Sort of "found" this one, very good price, too.
    [​IMG]

Endeavor, kookoox10 and NSP like this.
  17. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is alot like yesterdays new pickup... why stop at one International Bank note when you can collect them all? Well, you can try, alas, I was able to snare the Ace and the Deuce, shown here, but the Trey eluded me this time...

[​IMG]

18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a tougher to find Brazil note, this an 1890 2 Mil Reis note by the fine fellows at ABNCo. She may not look like much but she has it wear (get it) it counts, made a lot of special modifications myself... this note has some old Rio city scenes, the front has the Ordem Terceira do Carmo church (there's alot of these in Brazil and they all look alike, so...), the reverse has the central post office. Like the blue reverse with grey scale vignette myself. Sure, I'd like a better version, let me know when you've got one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. techwriter

Maybe this work; nice little pickup here, quite reasonable too.
    [​IMG]

Endeavor and kookoox10 like this.
  20. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Have to give Heritage their props for excellent turn around time on this new pick up. Won this in their latest weekly auction. Received payment Wednesday.... was shipped from Dallas and sitting in my mailbox this afternoon in the northwest to share with you all! Sometimes makes the sting of that buyers premium feel a little less painful when service is that good.

1934 $20 F star.jpeg

Endeavor, mikep, kookoox10 and 2 others like this.
  21. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

This one is a very element heavy design from the Bank of the State of South Carolina. South Carolina sure did love printing it some money... and this Bank printed many popular designs. Love the big ships at full sail in the middle, and the blood red overprint...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted