Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

MEC, here's a companion piece for your banknote:
    [​IMG]

hotwheelsearl and cletis faye like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a little different... this is a BEP Intaglio of the famed Bison note. I prefer this series to the other one that seems to be out there because this one does not have the large SPECIMEN label. Since I won't ever own a perfect Bison, my imperfect ones and this sharp intaglio print will have to do...

[​IMG]

Endeavor, rev1774, Timewarp and 3 others like this.
  5. techwriter

Still a beautiful "note" no matter how you look at it. Good show!:happy:

6. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I've bought several new notes in the last couple weeks, but this one is among my favorites. West Bank material isn't the toughest to find, even the uncut sheets. But the coin design makes these some of the most attractive and visually stunning.
    JamaicaVTFront.jpg

7. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

And here's an attractive St. Lawrence/Victoria Bridge opening advertising note. The front plays on the word "bank", features crisp engraving (the small train vignette on the bottom is especially cool). And the reverse is just as neat with the various events, places of interest and other facts printed in a pinkish ink.
    VictoriaBridgeCanadaFront.jpg VictoriaBridgeCanadaBack.jpg

8. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Do like that West River Bank note, I am aiming for the series but only have one right now - not rare, but highly sought after, so prices are higher than expected...

Today's new pickup is a little different, this is a very early Czechoslovakia 1000 Korun note that is a revalidation of a note from Austria-Hungary... when the country became independent, had to have money, so they stamped some Austria-Hungarian notes and ran with those until they created their own notes... and I think I have the front and back right, but when they look so similar, it can be hard to tell for sure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Very interesting note! It reminds me of the Latvian stamps produced on the backs of German military maps.

10. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a well engraved remainder from Farmington Bank... red overprint, colored back, all bonuses, and a big eagle that says Mmmmmerica... even if it was cut from the sheet by Stevie Wonder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. techwriter

Better than the ones cut by "BEP annex" folks on eBay. Besides, it's what's known as a "full vignette" note: vignette or vignettes completely cover the note from border to border. Such as:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very collectible and they make a wonderful display; did one years ago.

mackwork and cletis faye like this.
  12. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

Got my first High Denomination today, only paid $800 for it at the LCS: P08-26-15_14.44.jpg

13. techwriter

I can't tell for certain but looks like Series 1934 St. Louis, Fr. 2201-H; very nice.
    Friedberg says only 24,000 printed. Good Job :happy:

jlogan likes this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Actually I don't think that one would be considered a full vignette since it's really three separate vignettes - though I think I did post that very same note as a new pickup of mine recently, I do like it (and I think I have both of those notes...)

Today's new pickup is well I swear we were just talking about this bank, and welp, here's my one and only so far on it, a $1 from the West River Bank. Very popular if not common, demand keeps the price higher that you would think...

[​IMG]

MitchBailey likes this.
  15. techwriter

I think this one will qualify as a full vignette note. Banknote is part of the ABNCo's American Paper Money Collection series, from my personal collection.
    [​IMG]

16. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a sharp looking remainder $5 from the Bank of Augusta. Not a hard note to get, pretty inexpensive, but in great shape and an elegant appearance.

[​IMG]

mackwork likes this.
  17. techwriter

Some nice pickups from a coin show, with a few currency dealers. Nothing rare or GEM 69 PPQ, but nice collectibles and fits the budget.
    First, since this is 10th anniversary of hurricane Katrina that devastated our Mississippi cost, we've survived and moved on, here's another Katrina survivor:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, here's some of the finds:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

saltysam-1, MEC2, Inquisitive and 2 others like this.
  18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a railroad obsolete - the Terre Haute, Alton, & St. Louis Rail Road company. Old man was born in Alton so it had a connection for me, kind of an interesting script, can exchange for currency or transportation fare but also collects 6 percent interest...

[​IMG]

techwriter likes this.
  19. techwriter

Here's a nice little check to go along with your banknote
    [​IMG]

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

MEC2;
    What do you do with the rest of your spendable income? Wall street and the stock market? Bullion? Real Estate? Art? You have deep pockets and I would like to hear where you feel a safe haven is in today's investments. PM me as this maybe a personal question and off topic.

Draft saved Draft deleted