Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a sharp remainder obsolete $5 from the Bank of New Haven. Really like this series of notes, so much so... that I bought two of them. Sad face. See the For Sale forum for the other one!

[​IMG]

hotwheelsearl and Effigy303 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Oooh, fancy serial number!

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is another lime green seal, this one a really nice $10 from Kansas City. The lime on this note really pops, I think I need to seek addiction treatment on these lime green seals, I cannot resist them...

[​IMG]

Endeavor, mikep, USS656 and 5 others like this.
  5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

6. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

I also love the lime green seals! This is a tweener!

IMG_0414.jpg

7. MitchBailey

8. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

A Smith-Dillon blue where did you find it, in circ.?

MitchBailey likes this.
  9. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

I wanted an 1864 set each denomination. Local coin shop gave me $15 off on this group I purchased. $125 for 4 notes. First csa notes for myself.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Great bills! Based on their serial numbers, they look genuine.

kSigSteve likes this.
  11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is an obsolete deuce, this a Southern Bank $2. Like this design, good engraving and the red overprint has a really deep pop to it. I do like rarer denoms and the $2's are the rarest if the still standard breed, I do feel a pull when I see one available. And you have to like a name like Southern Bank, you have to pronounce it with a deep accent and say Suthuunn Bank...

[​IMG]

gronnh20, Effigy303, mackwork and 4 others like this.
  12. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

I love the notes with the red or the green overprint. Really cool note.

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a 5000 Cruzeiros note from Brazil - I posted a later, red faced variant of this not too long ago in this thread. This note is done by ABNCo with Brazilian Jesus on the front - the engraving is more cartoony than most ABNCo ones, making me wonder if they just didn't take what they were given by Brazil and slap it on a note. If my Portuguese translation is right, the cranberry reverse depicts Tiradentes just before he was hanged... that's a downer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gronnh20 and midas1 like this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a sharp looking one pound note from Scotland, issued in 1937 by The Cyldesdale Bank Limited... quite a stuffy sounding name, tut tut. I like the note, alot of color and design, nice squarer design compared to the longer, rectangular notes of modern times...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Nice notes all, and congratulations on your new additions.

I'm not a Confederate States of America note collector, but bought an auction lot that included an original autograph from R.M.T. Hunter, and later found out that he is pictured on the T-68 1864 $10 Confederate States of America note. Robert Hunter was the Confederate States Secretary of State under President Davis (1861-1862) and a Confederate States Senator from Virginia (1862-1865). These notes are inexpensively available in uncirculated condition, but I preferred a note in mid-grade, with perhaps a little history included, and this note also has a fairly low serial number.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Imagine if he had courtesy signed it? That'd be cool... the flying cannon is a great design, I wish they were better executed, the registration on these notes and cutting is almost always terrible...mine included.

Today's new pickup is a sharp looking $10 Chicago star note, this from the tougher 1934-B release. Never easy to get a 1934-B, the Vinson sig is far rarer than the Morganthau or Snyder on the 1934 series...

[​IMG]

Endeavor, gronnh20, USS656 and 2 others like this.
  17. MitchBailey

Great looking star note.

1914 $20.jpg 1914 $20A.jpg

Endeavor, gronnh20, Effigy303 and 4 others like this.
  18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice indeed!

19. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a neat design from the Bank of Washtenaw. This one has a popular Indian engraving, always a plus, and a very unusual sideways engraving of a early train...

[​IMG]

20. Brice

Brice New Member

Recently got new one dollar bills from the bank with serial numbers L00000055E-L00000071E. These seem like new to me, with no folds or wrinkles. Very crisp. Was wondering what these would be worth. Thanks. I'm new to the forum and to paper money collection. Thanks

rooman9 likes this.
  21. Brice

Brice New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted