Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is an obsolete ace from the Towanda Bank. This $1 has a nice overall design and good elements - horses are popular, got your honest Injun, the note just comes together to be a pleasing overall design. And in case you were wondering WhereInTheHellIsTowanda... it's in Pennsylvania...

[​IMG]

gronnh20 and Jwt708 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is another 1934 series star, this one a $10 from Kansas City. While the 1934-A series is not uncommon, you don't actually see alot of the KC stars floating around, so I grabbed it despite the rust staining - have half an inkling to see if the old salt and lemon juice trick would alleviate the burden on the note, it's got enough circulation that I think it's a good candidate for it - I only see upside in the attempt.

[​IMG]

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a 1928 20 Pesos note from the Philippines during American administrative rule. The note of course screams BEP design, I always have liked the colored reverses on the BEP Philippines notes. There's a pretty young lady on the front, apparently carrying her harvest of prime Kush high THC content weed from her illicit indoor growing lab on her shoulder. Or it could be flowers, tough to say...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Piggy backing on MEC's superb PI note, here's a replacement I picked up at the beginning of the summer.
    PhilippineNBFront.jpg PhilippineNBBack.jpg

gsalexan, gronnh20, midas1 and 2 others like this.
  6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

as usual a very nice PI.

"There's a pretty young lady on the front, apparently carrying her harvest. . . "

it's definitely "prime Kush high THC content weed"

7. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

She looks blazed. Here is my latest 1934a $10 FRN. I intend to collect each district. Not as easy as I'd thought. Only 2 left, Philly and San Fran. Next is the stars, and then the mules. Fire it up!!!! st. louis $10 34a.jpg

gronnh20, MEC2 and midas1 like this.
  8. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Philippine stars, those aren't cheap... and that's a nice example there Mitch.

Today's new pickup is an obsolete $1 from the prolific Bank of the State of South Carolina. Alot of collectible designs and issues from this bank, SC is one of those states that just produced a plethora of bank notes from all corners. This design has several large engraving elements and a red overprint, alot going on that makes it catch the eye, and my winning bid...

[​IMG]

10. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

That is a beauty MEC, I'm particularly attached to the vignettes up top and on the left. Between SC and Georgia, they produce a fair amount of obsoletes in their day.

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I nice repeater handed to me from my bank's drive up teller window. It could pass for uncirculated.
    P1010598.JPG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Endeavor, gronnh20, kookoox10 and 3 others like this.
  12. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

Finally, a new obsolete! A nice cheap common type! More vignettes than pinholes!

IMG_0399.jpg

gronnh20, kookoox10, midas1 and 2 others like this.
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Mitch - I also collect Cochituate notes and the $5 in particular, and it's various overstamp varities... blue, red, and different sizes and styles... coming to this thread soon I am sure!

Today's new pickup... why it's another single from the Bank of the State of South Carolina... very different in style, you don't have John C. Calhoun in a toga like the other one... I'd imagine this design was actually a much older design, never issued until after the Civil War began when getting new notes proved tough. But that's a guess...

[​IMG]

gronnh20, kookoox10 and Effigy303 like this.
  14. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

One of my favorite Albany obsoletes is this note with the unlisted reverse. Albany1.jpg Albany2.jpg

gronnh20, kookoox10 and MEC2 like this.
  15. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I do like that reverse...

Today's new pickup is a nice limey $5 from San Francisco. So it could be SFLimey. Or just SLimey. I am a sucker for a lime green seal...

[​IMG]

Endeavor, Effigy303, gronnh20 and 3 others like this.
  16. Dave L

Dave L Junior Member

I got this nice little Gold Cert today.

[​IMG]

Endeavor, Effigy303, gronnh20 and 3 others like this.
  17. justbored

justbored Active Member

o_O :banghead:

18. TradingGreen

I like that. Real nice.

19. lex1705

lex1705 Member

I've bought they a one year ago,I think,but they was not in my hands until now,and now I have got them:)
    [​IMG]

saltysam-1 likes this.
  20. TradingGreen

I read the numbers 3 times before I saw the H... very cool.

21. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Got this in change from 7-11. Is there any premium? I don't collect paper money much. There's no pin holes or tears.

DSCN2192.JPG DSCN2193.JPG

Nevadabell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted