Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a pretty tough Confederate to get, the 1861 Twenty T-17. The green overprint is very interesting on this note, unlike most overprints, this includes alot of design elements in the overprint, not just a valuation text and such...

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a sharp looking obsolete, this ABNCo designed $1 from Maryland's Somerset and Worcester Savings Bank. You can always tell that quality ABNCo engraving, and that green back makes me positively hyp-no-tizeeeeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Awesome obsolete MEC2, especially the back.

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is another obsolete, this one a big money $100 from the State of Georgia in 1864. A somewhat harder note to get, it's similar in style to it's other denominations from the same year. Ceres at the center I think and the red overprint which only came on the higher denominations... gotta save that red ink.

[​IMG]

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Just went through $1,000 of $1. Pulled out 6 stars. 2 of them had run sizes of 640,000.
    2009 S/N: G03447788*
    2009 S/N: B03553685*

Endeavor likes this.
  7. SteveInTampa

What condition are they in......got any pic's ?

8. furryfrog02

I
    They are circulated. Here are scans of all my 2009's that are 640,000 runs as well as a 2003A that has a 320,000 run. I have pulled these all out of straps over the last couple of weeks.
    2003A $1 F03243497 Star.jpg 2009 $1 B03553685 Star.jpg 2009 $1 G00078243 Star.jpg 2009 $1 G03447788 Star.jpg 2009 $1 L00515878 Star.jpg

9. SteveInTampa

Thanks for the pic's frog. Are these "keepers" to you, or just cool finds you'll spend later ?

10. furryfrog02

For now they are keepers. :)

11. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

That's a sweet example MEC. I am a little curious, where is the green protector that these usually have? Here's my example with the protector. You might have an error on this one!
    SalisburyMDObsoleteFront.jpg

12. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

here is some funny money can you can you spot the counterfeit? well nevermind the black mark on the note gives it away interesting though. the 20 came from my friends shop that he owns. Someone shrunk the one dollar note and tried spending it. It's real, still legal tender or would it be considered altered? IMG_20150710_233847.jpg IMG_20150710_233910.jpg IMG_20150710_233925.jpg

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Hey kook - I've seen this with green, red, and no protector. I think the no protector is much rarer and perhaps an earlier issue, most of them (of the few I've seen) are heavily circ'd. The red and green are more common.

Today's new pickup is a New York Loan Company $10, a great looking design. Love the design on the left, great color, that ink gall, just looks perfectly aged and like a typical old bank note...

[​IMG]

gsalexan, Effigy303 and mackwork like this.
  14. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

Found this guy at work today haha. Thought it was pretty nice!

Attached Files:

15. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

[​IMG]

Found this guy at work today! Thought it was a pretty lucky find!

rooman9 likes this.
  16. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is from that topically newsworthy country of Greece, home to over a century of monetary shenanigans. This 1922 (says 1917 but wasn't released until 1922) Two Drachma note is a snazzy little design, I really like the crimson and subtle rainbow coloring of the front of this note. A smaller note in hand, considered something of a fractional currency (even though it is a ordinal number of drachma), the back also has a nice color shifting design. Still, it's the front that I love, great design by the quality workmen at Bradbury Wilkinson... and in a nice condition to boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hotwheelsearl, midas1 and USS656 like this.
  17. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

A new day, a new pickup, this one an obsolete $1 from the Augusta Insurance and Banking Co... Pat Lyon at the forge in this famous scene, and several dimensional cameos in the design, which I also always love...

[​IMG]

gsalexan likes this.
  18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a nice looking dual color obsolete, this Merchants and Planters $5 with a nice face-wide center engraving and loads of color. Always like a red overprint and this Georgia obsolete incorporates it everywhere. This note foreshadows Luke in the cockpit with it's numerous red 5's standing by...

[​IMG]

gsalexan, Effigy303 and rooman9 like this.
  19. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Great notes MEC. I think 150 pages of the 188 so far are your notes alone.

20. C G Memminger

C G Memminger Active Member

picked up some good ones today. this is nicest. the tiny corner tear is less than 1mm wide...but enough for PMG to stick a "net" grade on it. 10c fractional obverse.jpg 10c fractional reverse.jpg 10c fractional corner.jpg

Paddy54 and Effigy303 like this.
  21. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Lazy Deuce. Would make a good 'lowball' note.
    P1260578.JPG P1260579.JPG
    Hey, it was only $25.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted