Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Wonderful additions!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

You know I love me some 12's......here's a super repeater

[​IMG]

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is an obsolete remainder $5 from the Merchants
    and Mechanics Bank in Monroe, Michigan. That's alot of M's...

[​IMG]

Jwt708, KSorbo, gsalexan and 2 others like this.
  5. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

6. 50011005

50011005 Member

This strap of October 28th Birthday Notes just came in the mail today. I definitely paid too much for it, but given that I was born on 10/28/1983, there was no passing this up! People born this day include: Bill Gates, Brad Paisley, Julia Roberts, Joaquin Phoenix and a bunch of other cool people. So cool to have my Birthday Note!

October 28th 1983 Birthday Note.JPG
    Oct 28th Strap.JPG

KSorbo and tigertrader like this.
  7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a smaller note both in denomination and size, this 1917 2 Drachma note from Greece. Not easy to get really, it took a while to have one show up...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jwt708, KSorbo and Effigy303 like this.
  8. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

And we have today's new pickup, a nice designed $5 obsolete from North Western Bank in Georgia. Really like the design elements here, the off balance design with the great big red V, scroll, and what looks like maybe the Battle of Lexington vignette off center to the left. Just an eye pleasing design that's not the same old same old layout...

[​IMG]

Jwt708, KSorbo, Effigy303 and 3 others like this.
  9. tigertrader

tigertrader Active Member

It has been a while since I have been over here but I wanted to stop in and hope to swing back more regularly...

Here is a cool note I picked up some time ago but I know I haven't posted it here:

LT Repeater anyone?

[​IMG]

10. tigertrader

And here is my actual latest addition to my collection:

[​IMG]

KSorbo, Effigy303, kookoox10 and 2 others like this.
  11. tigertrader

That is so cool! I am always looking for my birthday not 01311985 but have never found it to date...

Yours is really close to another one I am looking to acquire for a gift, 10171982...

12. 50011005

50011005 Member

There are over 6000 Birthday Notes (some American, some from other countries) in my collection, it took me that long to collect them until I was able to get my own Birthday Note. With that many Birthday Notes, I can find roughly 1 in 6 dates people request in some format or another. Sadly the 2 dates you are looking for I do not have... Yet.

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a 1923 Brazilian Um Mil Reis note, featuring the popular former lead singer of the Doobie Brothers on the front, Michael McDonald, as engraved by the talented artisans at ABNCo. This was the 1923 issue but I believe was not released until 1944...

As I have mentioned in the past, the signature on the note is part of the issuing process for Brazilian notes from this era, so it's normal to find the scribble on the front. I imagine alot of writers cramp at busy banks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hotwheelsearl, KSorbo and Effigy303 like this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is this sharp looking $5 Valley Bank obsolete from Maryland. A nice example with a full frame - hard to get at times considering the hand cutting that was gong on - with alot of different design elements, which I of course love. The top left engraving is seen on many notes and is one I do like. And there are at least SEVEN different denomination indicators on this note to discourage note raising - probably easier to go chop wood to earn $5 than to fiddle with this thing. See if you can count them all...

[​IMG]

15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Your latest notes MEC2 are really nice. I especially like the latest Valley Bank & Mechanics Bank in Monroe, Michigan.

16. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Nice note -- and check out them udders! The vignette on the left is "The Reapers" and it shows up regularly on ABN products -- stocks, bond, checks. Gorgeous engraving!

17. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

While here:
    [​IMG]

Picked these up at a pawn shop. They obviously have some character which I don't mind a bit. :) Glad to give them a new home.

[​IMG]

hotwheelsearl, sgt23, KSorbo and 2 others like this.
  18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is actually a little out of order, not sure how it got missed - but it's worth putting it back in. These fractional specimens are a tough get and it took a long time for me to find them, but finally glad I did. Get's me really close to being able to finish my currency frame out fully (just need one perforated first issue sample, but alas, I am always the underbidder, never the bidder...)

Not sure why they never issued the 15, but they didn't...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

saltysam-1, KSorbo, Effigy303 and 2 others like this.
  19. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

And yet, that one clearly appears to be circulated. How does that square?

MitchBailey likes this.
  20. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Went through $1000 in ones today.
    -Pulled out 2 Star Notes(nothing special)
    - 1993 Web Note
    - 2006 with an interesting serial number

1993 Web Note SN B39640161H.jpg 2006 $1 SN G14041405G.jpg

USS656 and KSorbo like this.
  21. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

I just got this in the mail today.

Black Eagle EPQ Obverse.jpg Black Eagle EPQ Reverse.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted