Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Beautiful notes!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

And today's pickup is literally another country heard from, this a Hungarian Fund note. These were issued in very CSA-like promise to pay note subsequent to the struggles of the Hungarian revolution to be independent of the Austrian empire. Ah well...

[​IMG]

4. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

NEWP - Duuble Quad - New 100$ number LL 22223333 E I'll try to go in the direction of a whole series of 12::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MitchBailey likes this.
  5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Birds of Canada 5 dollar notes solids,

1987 5 dollar solid.jpg

kookoox10, mackwork and MEC2 like this.
  6. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

just scored these from the bank today. 1400 in ones searched

3 trinary's (one ALMOST a binary)
    4 older 50's (74,77,81,and 88)
    6 star notes ( 2 640k runs)
    a 2013 trinary REPEATER (WOOT)

but if the repeater is the whip cream then finding a 1952 d dime in the coin shoot and scoring a 1943 walking liberty AND a 1951 franklin half from the teller is the cherry and sprinkles :)

Attached Files:

Effigy303 likes this.
  7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is another country in rotation, this time Brazil 50 Mil Reis. Which I imagine was never very much, but they still took the time to get a colorful purple note and nice engraving from Waterlow and Sons, with the Ipiranga monument of Sao Paolo on the back, always love monuments and classical sculpture engraved on notes. Not a common note, so I'll grab it in whatever condition I can get that fits the price, and then upgrade later...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 50011005

50011005 Member

My most recent pickup was an entire uncirculated strap of $1 bill Birthday Notes for May 29th. This strap has every year from 1901 to the year 2000. The 1991 note was given as a birthday present. Hopefully there are more people I know who have a May 29th birthday as well.

IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG

Derick and rooman9 like this.
  9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a very late antebellum $5 obsolete from South Carolina, a very busy design with the well known "sweet potato dinner" vignette at center. Alot of design elements typical of South Carolina notes, and the big red overprint says "win". And I've always liked the engraved numeric counters with cherubs in them, which is unusual as in general I despise cherubs as creepy demon babies.

[​IMG]

10. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Whoa, just noticed the Civ IV reference! Have you ever played V? I think II may have been my favorite...but that's probably for nostalgic reasons even though I started with the first.

11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Played all of the Civ's, from Civ on the Amiga to now... played a fair amount of Civ5 but 1UPT is terrible as is the AI/Diplomacy, a serious step backwards from Civ4. But it has alot of great stuff, I like some of the combat system, love hexes, expanded city radius, etc... I still find Civ4 BTS with the BBAI mod is the best...

Today's new get is a Dallas note with seven sevens... does that count as eight? I don't collect odd serials but I would like a small frame with a solid and a ladder in them at some point. Got this inexpensively enough and it's enough of a curiosity to make it worth hanging on to.

[​IMG]

Derick, mackwork, midas1 and 2 others like this.
  12. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

IMG_8626.jpg IMG_3150.jpg I supported the LCS today and bought this note. Nice color, just need the 37a, 38 and 39 to complete my 1917 $1 Legal Tender set.

geekpryde, mackwork and MEC2 like this.
  13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pick is a sharp Georgia obsolete $5 from the Back on Commerce. Pretty nice overall, has a great blend of circulation character but still in nice shape, some sharp design elements, colored overprint, and with a cannon, the dude in the center has his bayonet attached so you know he means business.

[​IMG]

Jwt708, Effigy303 and mackwork like this.
  14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is an obsolete that I believe is probably a counterfeit of a popular to counterfeit bank, the Bank of Geauga... Heritage has a collection of various counterfeits and this doesn't match any of them, but the bug eyes on the portraits to me says phony baloney. The pledge of stock seal in particular, the girl on the right has different features from most of them. Still, any place as hard to figure out how to pronounce as Geauga (gee-aww-guh I think) can find a place in my note stack... good luck on Wheel of Fortune with that town, you'll have to buy a vowel *again*...

[​IMG]

Jwt708 likes this.
  15. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

It's been a while!

Here's some new buys and recent notes that came back from grading:

34s.jpg

1963-5-f.png

gloucester.JPG

28starf.jpg

CCI04082015.jpg

CCI06062015.jpg

1914.JPG

25.JPG

ny.JPG

hagerstown.JPG

16. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Some more. I dropped off all the other buys at the safety deposit box. I'll have to post the rest when I get back from my travels.

A0000143244-uscurrency-main-1-0.JPG

CCF05122015_0001-1.png

CCF05122015_0002-1.png

CCF05122015-1.png

CCI05122015.jpg

CCI05122015_0001.jpg

Jwt708, midas1, Effigy303 and 3 others like this.
  17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I just got back from South Korea and picked up a couple new notes for my collection.

500 Won that is no longer in circulation. I really like Turtle Ships :)
    South Korea 500 Won.jpg

50000 Won note that is currently in circulation. The last time I was in Korea they weren't used much. That has changed in the last 5 years.
    South Korea 50000 Won Note.jpg

Jwt708 and Effigy303 like this.
  18. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

That 58 collection is coming along nicely there Funkee...

Today's new pickup is a fancy obsolete from the popular Citizens' Bank of Louisiana. This $10 has great two colored engraving from the might fine fellows at ABNCo and for a bonus, a colored fancy reverse printing. Also has a great vignette with the bust of President Kickass in an educational scene, seeing old Grandad explain to Lil' Junior there how Washington didn't get our independence from Britain by debating with them, rather he shot them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mikep

mikep Active Member

Got a couple of new $10 bills, just liked them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434693506.866616.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434693530.273913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434693543.564063.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434693554.554184.jpg

MitchBailey, MEC2 and funkee like this.
  20. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

You got some strange looking $10 bills there, son.

21. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

I still have no idea what I'm gonna do when it comes to Dallas. Track & Price and PMG don't have any 58s. Can you check PCGS pop for me?

Draft saved Draft deleted