Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is an Alabama obsolete $20 that has a big eagle that positively screams 'Mmmrrrica!! Always a sucker for a big eagle on a note, so this note of course got my attention. The eagle doesn't get much bigger than this...

[​IMG]

Oh, and P.S., here's my current unscanned stack of new pickups... it is growing again... sigh.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Wish I had that problem.....

sgt23 likes this.
  4. Urban_Lawyer

Urban_Lawyer Half dollar nerd

My friendly neighborhood brick-and-mortar coin shop owner got some pre-Euro notes in and stuck them in his bargain bin. I'm a sucker for the Mediterranean area.

IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg

Paddy54 and SteveInTampa like this.
  5. alfredbid

alfredbid Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

In uncirculated condition YES, in their current condition NO.

Urban_Lawyer, Paddy54 and alfredbid like this.
  7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new get is another Exchange Bank obsolete, this one is a dual sided $20 print as opposed to the other note. If the note looks familiar, it's because I believe all three of the vignettes - the Indian, the ship, and the allegorical victory image - all appear on Republic of Texas notes of various denominations. That's what drew me to this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Effigy303 and alfredbid like this.
  8. alfredbid

alfredbid Member

image.jpg Coin from Spain king Juan Carlos and a copy of Puerto Rico old coin

9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Wrong forum? But I'll post a new coin pickup as well, some shiny Mercury Dimes, love the fasces on the reverse, next time someone calls someone a fascist, remember how popular it was - Abe Lincoln has fasces in his chair at the Lincoln Memorial, and it is plumb all over our money, coin and paper...

[​IMG]

But enough about silly coins, we are here for the good stuff, am I right? Today's new pickup is a Michigan obsolete, a bit earlier period, the 1830's, I tend to like the Michigan designs from this era, very busy with alot of elements going on...

[​IMG]

gsalexan, jj00, alfredbid and 3 others like this.
  10. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a very green $5 obsolete from the Merchants' Bank of South Carolina, that being a very prodigious state for issued notes. Alot going on even without all the green overprint so it does catch the eye for sure...

[​IMG]

alfredbid and Effigy303 like this.
  11. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

It's been nice lately to sorta move all around in new pickup note types recently, and today will be another change up, to this sharp looking Costa Rica 20 Colones specimen/remainder note. If you've followed this thread for long you know I'm a huge fan of the private bank designs done for the 1900 era Costa Rica issues, some great work, and this note is no exception with wonderful color and neat design. The face has a beautiful rainbow and El Presidente is rocking that early late 19th century 'stache, and on the reverse a rich brown and engraving of of the National Monument in San Jose (the capitol, and I think that's actually what it's called, generically enough...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Lovely additions! Love the Jackson County note.

13. SteveInTampa

My latest addition was purchased with my eBay bucks. I don't usually collect World notes, but the serial number caught my eye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

midas1 and Paddy54 like this.
  14. Andrew Snovell

Andrew Snovell Active Member

Hey all, I thought I would share a couple of goodies!

Attached Files:

• 95.jpg
      95.jpg
      File size:
      279.9 KB
      Views:
    • 95-1.jpg
      95-1.jpg
      File size:
      343.7 KB
      Views:
    • 95-2.jpg
      95-2.jpg
      File size:
      294.5 KB
      Views:
    • 95-3.jpg
      95-3.jpg
      File size:
      351.5 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      133.1 KB
      Views:
    • 03-1.jpg
      03-1.jpg
      File size:
      146.6 KB
      Views:
    saltysam-1, alfredbid and Timewarp like this.
  15. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a popular obsolete from a very common and popular bank - the New Orleans Canal and Banking Company. Apparently a ton of remainder sheets and really great designs means these notes are highly popular and desired, and there are several designs for each denomination - I have 3 different designs just on the $20 for this bank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Effigy303 likes this.
  16. trussell

trussell Active Member

17. trussell

trussell Active Member

18. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

19. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Today's new pickup is a bright and well engraved obsolete from the Bank of the Valley of Virginia - a very busy design with alot going on. Love how the engraved images look so three-dimensional.

[​IMG]

20. SteveInTampa

Tallahassee Rail Road remainder. Printed between 1852-1857. A large vignette of a sailor looking out to sea dominates this pretty green and black ABNCo product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hotwheelsearl, Effigy303 and MEC2 like this.
  21. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I'd throat punch a baby for that TRRC note - I bought a set of three that turned out to be reprints... ugh! Still on my get list, will get them when I can...

Today's new pickup is a new State of Georgia issue from the Civil War, this the 1862 series. This $10 is in tip top shape, has the red overprint protector and the common Treasury issue stamp, which appears on all the issued notes I've seen. Sometimes black, sometimes, green, sometimes red, and sometimes twice, but always there it seems...

[​IMG]

Effigy303 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted