Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

What foreign country's notes are most collectible? Does Chile feature in the community? Would like to get into paper collecting and was just wondering.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

22.3.1967. Mozambique 500 Escudos UNC. Nice Purple on multicolour.

DSC04894.JPG
    DSC04896.JPG

MEC2 likes this.
  4. tigertrader

tigertrader Active Member

I am not sure what country would be the most collectable? I can tell you that I particularly like Costa Rica and Mexico...

Here is a nice new LGS pickup:

[​IMG]

MEC2 likes this.
  5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Let's keep the LGS theme going, here's my latest... the lime on this note makes your mouth pucker, it's that lime...

[​IMG]

Stripeythecrab, Timewarp and Derick like this.
  6. tigertrader

New lime $5 as well. This one is top top at PCGS 66PPQ

image.jpg

Timewarp likes this.
  7. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

A new note - End of Roll Error:

[​IMG]

Derick likes this.
  8. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Eagle and shield.jpg
    I'm loving all the obsoletes you've been posting lately, MEC2! This one caught my eye because I have a die proof of the central vignette that you like. Your note IDs the printing firm for me -- Draper, Toppan & Co. Thanks! I posted a bunch of these proof vignettes on another thread if anyone's interested: http://www.cointalk.com/threads/banknote-vignette-proofs.199225/

9. JohnV

JohnV Active Member

I got a 1950D $50 bill from work today, a customer paid with it. Besides the crease down the middle, it's pretty crisp. I'll post pics tomorrow.

10. tigertrader

I went to a local coin show and found some interesting notes that I will post over the next few days....

To start it with something interesting here is a nice radar Mexican note with 0s and 8s so it's also a flipper. And a nicer quality example from another year.

image.jpg image.jpg

11. Owle

Owle Junior Member

I picked up these three uncancelled Colonial notes today; two NY notes, 1858s, a 5# and a 10# and a well worn Continental dollar.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I figure a good deal at $150; will probably get them certified.

chrisild likes this.
  12. tigertrader

The Colonial notes are cool. I dont know much about them but some of those could be slit canceled and just not hole punched, I believe.

Here are some cooler more modern mexican notes I found for a steal:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The second one I like. The 500 peso note looks too much like a US dollar bill. Seems that the American Bank Note Company made a lot of those $ lookalikes for various countries ...

Christian

14. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Nice color and eye appeal. Fortunately the US has obsoleted so few of their notes.

On my Colonials, no not cancelled, and the 1756 note is quite rare though low grade. I'm looking forward to when we can redeem these again....;)

15. tigertrader

I really liked the 50000 note as well, it has some minimal circulation but it is a cool modern note. The 500 is as fresh as the day it was printed...

Here is another interesting one. A Brasil 1 cruzeiro from 1944 with serial 1945... (So close!) and a very eye appealing 2 cruzeiro that is common but pack fresh.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

16. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

It's been a long time since I posted anything new, but here is a recent national. The Centerville, South Dakota is from the Santa Clara show (Emporium Currency). T&P has 18 reported in the census.
    [​IMG]

tigertrader likes this.
  17. tigertrader

Nice small size KooKoox!

I am beginning to worry about MEC... Hopefully he didn't work himself to death?

Lets keep the notes coming! I will go ahead and round out my Mexican steals with these 1, 5 and 10 pesos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Derick likes this.
  18. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

New notes...

[​IMG]

YB and AC blocks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YoYoSpin and SteveInTampa like this.
  19. tigertrader

Nice Hawaii Blocks Clay! Your AC is much better than mine...

I was hopeing we could get some new members in here postig... To All: I want to see your notes, please post away!

Here are some scrip/remainders that I recently picked up. I have all the JJ Mcalister notes with the black backs but I did not have all the denominations with the Red backs. I am still looking for one but these help me to fill some holes... These were all issued in Indian Territory (IT)! Oh and I also collect IT checks and for reason started collecting beautiful blue checks, so when I found this one it covered both bases...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ed Sims likes this.
  20. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Wait until you see my Hawaii FC block that I purchased! :)

21. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Decided to get into the paper also. Swapped some of my coins for some notes. Added this Chile 11 February 1942 peso (1/10 condor) to my very limited collection. Do not really know how to grade these, but it seems UNC. The note was a provisional issue with the 1942 copper Peso struck later the year.

DSC05563.jpg DSC05569.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted