Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

My newest addition to the "12" collection. Finding them on star deuces is much harder than $1's.

[​IMG]

Anyone care to guess it's grade ? A clue, it is uncirculated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

I'll go with: 66 EPQ.

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I picked this note up buying coffee one morning....glad I did not just tuck it in my wallet. 028.jpg 029.jpg

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I'll go with priceless, because it's part of your "12" collection. :smile

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I picked this up as an addition to my National Bank Notes. My wife and I lived in several different cities throughout our lives, and my goal is to obtain a large and small sized national from each one.

Attached Files:

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Well, I screwed up and posted the wrong note. :>( Although the reason for buying it was the same. Here is the correct one. :>)

Attached Files:

8. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Nice quality, Salty!

9. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Beautiful Brazilian 50 Cruzeiro (kru-zay-roo) note, down-valued to 5 centavos.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  10. SteveInTampa

I don't normally collect $100's, but I got a sweet deal on this short run 2006 San Francisco beauty.

[​IMG]

11. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

And it's got a 12 in the serial number.

12. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I know this will be hard to believe, but I got in... another star! Surprise! Another hole in the collection filled, I'm filling more holes than a sailor on shore leave. This is a less common 1934 $20 star, from St. Louis. Nice example even with a teller stamp (damn tellers!!)... tomorrow, I post my latest Greek pickup, it's the note that got me collecting notes other than the US...

[​IMG]

13. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Well as promised here is my new Greek pickup, this is the note that first got me interested in collecting Greece, and for that matter, non-US currency. This is part of the great 1950's run of wonderful designed Greek notes, and this note is no slouch. Just a wonderful, historical design. The side profile of Alexander on the front with the Hercules in battle scene in the background, and then on the reverse Alexander from the famous mosaic depicting the Battle of Issus. I did pick up in short order a more ragged specimen of this note, and finally acquired a far nicer version (two actually, another is in the mail and will be the one I leave out next to some bronze statues of Macedonian soldiers). Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

This is a replacement fractional note for one I lost about 17 months ago. I have finally given up the search. With this purchase, I know I will now find it by the end of this week.

Attached Files:

15. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Isn't that the way it always works Salty? I've found other coins I've thought I misplaced only to buy a new replacement. And low and behold, I find it in the desk or in a box of other coins...yeesh!

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I can't believe the hours I spent looking for the darn thing. I went through every box, bag and drawer in both the house and garage. I looked in places I absolutely would never use to store anything. I even went so far as to check the spare tire compartment in the trunk of the car. My wife asked me why I would even looked there. My answer was simply because there is "no other place to look". It's too late now, but I should have x-rayed the dog, just out of the shear principal of it.

17. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Nice. If I recall correctly there was a 320k sheet-only run for 2006 SF notes. Was this from that run?

18. SteveInTampa

Yes, you are correct.

19. DM1

DM1 Active Member

20. lettow

lettow Senior Member

[​IMG]

Winterhilfswerk was a relief program for the poor in Germany. Those who were able to were essentially compelled to donate to the cause. Those eligible for assistance received vouchers like this one which could be used to purchse food and fuel from participating merchants. This piece was issued after WWII started hence the title Kriegswinterhilfswerk.

21. tigertrader

tigertrader Active Member

Here are some High Grade Top Pop notes that I picked up recently. The 1957 C/A 69PPQ is the Top for its block and the 1957 U/A 68PPQ is Top for its block. There is only 1 1957 70PPQ and 90 69PPQ's. I plan to keep the 69PPQ and the 68PPq is listed For Sale:

19571Fr1619PCGS68PPQUABlocka_zpse4c5f672.jpg

19571Fr1619PCGS68PPQUABlockb_zps1a9a3199.jpg

11957SilverCertificateFr1619PCGS69PPQa_zps8c9a3161.jpg

11957SilverCertificateFr1619PCGS69PPQb_zps751e2f28.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted