Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Well, no mail yesterday, so no new notes... sad face. I did get this in on Saturday as well, a 1984 5000 Drachma. Harder to come by in decent shape I'd imagine since the urge to turn them in for Euros would be strong on higher denomination notes. This shows a typical Greek woman on the front, and the hillside village of Karytaina on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lettow

lettow Senior Member

Pretty serious moustache for a woman.

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

She's Greek, that's just a days growth...

5. tigertrader

tigertrader Active Member

Hilarious...

I added this nice example of a $1 1995 Web Press note. It is in a CGA 68 holder and I concur with the grade and believe the note to be original. I dont buy much in CGA holders but I thought this one was a good deal...

19951WebPressFRNCGA68a_zps2e412cec.jpg

6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Her name is Theodoros Kolokotronis ;) As for turning those notes in, well, the 5000 drachmes note would be a little less than €15. The redemption period for the paper money ended a year ago, but I don't know whether the Bank of Greece has any detailed info about how many notes of what denominations were actually redeemed.

Christian

7. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Picked up some more notes. These are from the Philippines... wait I meant United States... ummm wait. Now I'm confused :D Printed by the USBEP for the Philippines.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1912, 10 Pesos Not in the greatest shape, probably in the very fine to extra fine range. but it was not easy to find one.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  8. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1912, 5 pesos. This one was harder to find than the 10 pesos. On the other hand its in much better condition, I would say its around AU and as bonus this is the more rare signature series.

9. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

I very much like those notes icerain, I am almost positive those aren't from theBay since I watch every Philippines note looking for these kinds, great examples...

Got some more notes in, will star small and ramp up, here's a nice Dallas 1976 $2 star...

[​IMG]

10. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Thanks Mec, those notes are not from theBay. One of the coin stores I went to happened to have a few, I picked out the nicest ones.

11. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Viva La Lime!

Uncirculated. Got a good price because of the margins.

This is an upgrade on the last $50 lime that I got for face.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. tigertrader

Nice $2

I was in Albuquerque over the weekend and picked these up at a coin shop for a good price. The Minneapolis is a nice Key. The San Francisco isn't bad but is a fairly low serial. Unfortunately, it has a small edge tear on left margin. I will probably sell it.

5271CF64-D507-49CA-BBA1-86A94FE7B5A9-2265-00000124C5215C5B_zps58367d74.jpg

F181A0C9-C06A-4EF6-A07D-799254F64A71-2265-00000124CDB957BC_zps7ec8c6d2.jpg

13. tigertrader

I was also recently successful in adding anther note to my 66 Serial collection:
    19571SilverCertificateFr1619K00000066APCGS67PPQa_zps2a10bd08.jpg
    And my 1985 Serial Collection:
    2009201985SerialJH00001985B_zps414081dc.jpg

They have more at executive currency...

14. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Another new pickup, this is a pretty hard to find lime 1934 $5 star from Minneapolis, all stars from this date on fives seem pretty rare...

[​IMG]

15. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Another new pickup, this is a pretty hard to find lime 1934 $5 star from Minneapolis, all stars from this date on fives seem pretty rare...

You found this one also on ebay?

16. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Bonni - almost all of my notes are theBay...

Speaking of, this is another new eBay pickup (aren't they all), part of a little horde I came into. Not a bargain per se, but still a decent price for the VERY tough to get 1928 Dallas series - I still want a high VF of this note but I've only encountered maybe 3 of any grade up for auction over the last 18 months, I got outbid on the previous two but got in on this one.

[​IMG]

17. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

New notes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, I'll scan the next new note...

18. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

[​IMG]

2012-2013 Cambodia 1,000 Riels Commemorative Note for King Norodom Sihanouk.

19. tigertrader

I got this note earlier this week. I bought it from a friend that had it recently sent in for grading and he contacted me once it came back. It is a very nice example for my Oklahoma collection:

192910T1MarlowOKCh12129PMG64EPQa_zps7b409e0d.jpg

20. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Another and I think the last of that last winning wad of notes is this one, the mate to the 1928, this is the rarer 1928-A again in the rare Dallas district...

[​IMG]

21. g1rge

g1rge Member

Latest addition to finish the 1899 Series Silver Certificates

"The Chief"

1899 $5 Silver Certificate 1.jpg 1899 $5 Silver Certificate 2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted