Paper Money: New Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dr Kegg, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I know that somewhere there was a thread going on your newest notes. Since I couldn't find it, I thought I'd start a new one. These are three that I got from the bank today, two are series 2006 $20 *'s with consecutive serials. Post your newest one! :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dr Kegg

Whoops, forgot to mention that the $20's are Ch CU...

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I bought these from Billy at USA Rare. One is a binary repeater, and the other is a binary radar. Both are CH-CU with GEM centering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dr Kegg

Wow, those are nice! The centering is amazing.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

I've very happy to share these two notes that I have acquired for my St. Louis FRN district collection:

I just won this on Heritage this week. (Showing HA's pics.)

Series 1969 $5 Star with a nice low SN: H 0000 0650 *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a very special note to me that I just received for my collection from a wonderful and thoughtful friend:

Series 1934 C $10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The CoinTalk District Currency Collectors Group

7. Dr Kegg

Those are great notes krispy! Congrats on your new additions to your collection. They're both pretty amazing.

8. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got these for face along with another 250 - 300 in uncirc 2 dollar bills series 1976.

I also purchased about 5 large notes and some other stuff I will get pics of and post up soon :)

9. coinup

coinup Junior Member

okay, you twisted my arm - here are samplings of my latest - 3 cons low SN *s:

P8110004.jpg

Attached Files:

Hookman, JPD3, capthank and 6 others like this.
  10. krispy

krispy krispy

Dr. Kegg: excellent find and thanks for the compliments on my notes.

Steve: You have an amazing knack for picking up fancy SNs! WTG!!!

avenger:
    nice error note! hold on to that one and it's consecutive buddy.

coinup:
    nice consecutive notes in high grade.

kudos guys! I hope to see more folks rolling out their new notes in this thread, especially what with the holidays here!

Cheech9712, Hookman, capthank and 4 others like this.
  11. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

yah everyones notes look great!

Hookman likes this.
  12. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

i found a bunch of series 2006 41 atlanta stars for face once

Hookman likes this.
  13. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

here is the stuff I got on ebay.

little dark but it's inside a picture frame. they framed it. I just left it in their. looks kinda cool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheech9712, JPD3, Hookman and 18 others like this.
  14. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

You guys are killing me! Great pickups!!!

thealbinoyeti likes this.
  15. krispy

krispy krispy

Fun stuff... I really like the large notes.

So long as the note in the frame is not in contact with any other paper or wood materials it should be okay. However, if the note is sandwiched between glass and that glass breaks it could damage the note and if the material is an unknown type of plastic it may not be archival and over time cause damage to the note, discoloring the paper for instance.

capthank likes this.
  16. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

hmmm interesting krispy. I checked it out and it is not up against the glass. the edges of the note seem to be in between something? It has a saying on the front bankers register collection. I dunno what it means? Noone bid on it. I picked it up for 85 shipped in the frame. seems to me it should be worth much more! 200548925837 That is actually the ebay number

17. krispy

krispy krispy

I would get it out of the frame rather than let it stay in there longer. Whatever the material is matting the note, it probably has already transferred (leached) acidic components from the matting material to the note. If you remove the note now it will not continue to absorb acids from the matting material or anything its in contact with, but the damage is already done to the note.

From the sellers pics I can see the damage from leached paper acids causing discoloration. Look at the margins of the top and left side of the note.

These are the reasons why the note attracted few to no other bidders.

18. coinup

coinup Junior Member

is it harmful for currency if stored back to back with other currency in the same holder?

19. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

ok I took it out just now. there was a little tape on either side holding it to what seemed to be cardboard. I took that off but it seems to have ripped the paper. Oh well. Sucks but it had to come off to get outta the cardboard!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Larry E, chuck123, midas1 and 7 others like this.
  20. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

same question. Because I don't have any large holders so I was going to put it in another one I had since I have nowhere else to put it. Right now it is in between a piece of foam and one of the protectors b/c I was wondering the same thing

21. coinup

coinup Junior Member

good thing you took it out now...too bad it was stored like that

capthank likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted