Paper money books

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by volker00, Sep 27, 2009.

1. volker00

volker00 Coin Collecting Noob

Hello. I've got a quick question.. :confused:
    What would be the equivalent of the red book for U.S. paper money?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

There actually is a Red Book to US paper money.

4. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

there are alot of books for both coins and currency ... none are very accurate for pricing... they do have the red book for us currency, a blackbook for us currency and a variety of other collered books too lol

are you looking for a book with a sort of up to date pricing? good luck lol

if you are looking for a book that is just chock full of information about all the US issues, and listing of all the different errors, varieties ect, then i might suggest the Comprehensive Catalog of US paper money.

5. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I agree with DaggarJon on the book. It is great!

6. volker00

volker00 Coin Collecting Noob

Thanks guys! I definitely think I am gonna check out the Comprehensive Catalog of US paper money.

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

I will third that message,..Great Book!

RickieB

8. WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare Junior Member

I can the 6th edition online for 9 bucks, the 7th is 30. Other than price guides, and newer printings, is there any big difference, any "new" discoveries that may want someone to get the 7th over the 6th?

9. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i almost always buy a book that is 1 version old if i am buying hardcover. otheriwse, if i am buying a digital download, i always get the newest version.

you wont miss out on much with buying 1 version older then the current version. Mostly just updates to the new series printings since the last issue was printed.

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I think it depends too on how much you're into paper money. I don't collect very much paper, but I do find the subject interesting. So I bought "United States Paper Money" by Friedberg and Bowers and find it adequate for my needs. Plus it has a lot of nice pictures.
    Guy~

11. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I was just coming here to basically ask the same question.

I'm looking for a general price guide like the 2010 U.S coins red book. I know it's not accurate to the penny, but I find it to be a decent general guide that's going to get you within +/- 10% of what most stuff is selling for. Because of bullion value, gold can change a lot. But most other stuff just does not change that much in a single year's time.

So I'm looking for the same thing for currency. Now the United States paper money red book looks promising but the most recent one I can find was printed in June 2008. Is there a more recent issue out or that will be coming out soon? If not, why is there not a more recent one?

The book will satisfy as a guide for my very basic needs. But where does everyone go for the most accurate, recent pricing info? That would be helpful as well.

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

well, any current aution site will give you the best daily average for most any item. since books are printed up to a year prior, you just cant beat last nights auction on Heritage, Lynn Knight or any other reputible auction site!!!

13. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I think there is a new version of a paper money book due out in October.

Draft saved Draft deleted