Papal Challenge Coin - Who Buys The Drinks?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MIGuy, Oct 29, 2021.

1. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I'm not a collector of challenge coins, but some of them are neat, and (please let's not get political, all recent Presidents have had challenge coins) I saw on the news that the President had given this one to the
    Pope (edited) with the caution that if he didn't have it next time they met, the drinks were on him. I like that idea, I may have to get some challenge coins to hand out to my forgetful friends. Does anyone here collect challenge coins? Any specific criteria for your collecting? challengecoin2.jpg challengecoin1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I don't "collect" per-se but after almost 20 years in the Navy, I've amassed quite a few :)

Evan Saltis and MIGuy like this.
  4. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Should "pope" be capitalized....Pope...like President? Or should "President" be de-capitalized, like pope?

I know the Secret Service made a special Challenge Coin for the Pope, in 2015 for the first visit of Francis to the U.S. I have one.
    I have a few POTUS pieces, but not the present POTUS coin. but I would like to get one for my collection of Challenge pieces. Challenge Coins are great mementos of history and society.

MIGuy likes this.
  5. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

The "261st" on the coin might be the 261st Theater Tactical Signal Brigade, a Delaware National Guard unit. President Biden's son was a member.

:)

MIGuy likes this.
  6. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

I collect challenge coins that I have received over the years, I think that I would pass on that one. Well maybe I would accept it and then pass it along to someone else.

7. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

Draft saved Draft deleted