Panzermans top ten coins "World section"

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Robidoux Pass

Robidoux Pass Well-Known Member

Great array @panzerman. I really should pick one of the older ones as a favorite as that's where my interest now lies ... but as I continue looking I keep coming back to the Emperor Napoleon 40 Francs. So, Number 4 it is.

panzerman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Number two for me.

panzerman likes this.
  4. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Here are some that did not make the top 10
    Spain AV 2 Escudos 1827 Sevilla Mint Fernando VII MS-65
    Great Britain AV 1/2 Sovereign 1937 London Mint George VI PF-67
    Naples AV 6 Ducati 1776 Naples Mint Ferdinando IV MS-64
    Ottoman Empire AV 1/2 Zer Mahbub Islambul Mint Mustafa III 1781 MS-65
    Brazil AV 6400 Reis 1780 Rio Mint Pedro III/ Maria I MS-64
    Central America Rep. AV 1/2 Escudo 1825-NG Neuva Guatamala Mint MS-62
    Waldeck AV Quarter Dukat 1761 Waldeck Mint Karl August Friedrich Furst zum Waldeck
    Spain AV 8 Escudos 1773 Madrid Mint Carlos III MS-63
    SS photos.jpg lf (39).jpg

34624983_1m.jpg gran-bretagna-giorgio-vi-5486565-XL.jpg italy-5292896-S.jpg munzen-und-medaillen-des-osmanischen-5421398-XL.jpg lf (8).jpg lf (9).jpg lf (10).jpg lf (11).jpg

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Robidoux Pass, tibor and panzerman like this.
  6. panzerman

Thanks GDJMSP:)!
    That coin album is beautifull!

I have now 900+ AV coins from all 27 centuries, it would be a monumental undertaking for a novice like me to do the same. But, it sure would be a nice project to undertake. One thing that is good, I never sell coins so would never have to worry about that, just keep on truckin....collecting:happy: Maybe I can find a tech saavy person to do it. I do not even have a smartphone;)
    John

7. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

John, You never fail to amaze me with your exquisite coins, modern or ancient :jawdrop:! My favorites are the Albanian pattern & the Spanish Restoration 320 Reales of 1822. The Albanian 100 Franga Ar of 1928, designed by Giuseppi Romagnoli (Rome's finest coin designer) is breathtaking & probably a great rarity :D. I've never seen this pattern listed anywhere o_O.

panzerman likes this.
  8. panzerman

Thank you Al!
    I agree, the Albanian PROVA is breathtaking. There seem to be quite a few of these in auctions, even though they only struck 50. My guess, all where put away in collections....coin is too nice to spend! I know the "Ancient forum members" must think I am insane to go after more recent coinage, but I just like them all. The Albanian 100 Frangi proves that. King Zogu almost looks a "Hollywood" film star, very dashing....compared to Roman Emperors like Nero/ Vitellius/ Titus/ Vespasian.....
    My fav. are the Holy Roman Empire AV multiple Dukaten/ sadly most are unaffordable :( in mint state. There is a AV 25 Dukaten from Zurich 1740, WOW what a stunner.
    John

9. GDJMSP

Using that particular program - https://www.wobook.com/ - is pretty easy from what I've seen of it. Basically all it requires is you taking the time to do it, technical expertise is not required. You merely enter the data and pics and the program does the rest.

panzerman likes this.
  10. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

@GDJMSP the problem is that Wobook is going to close : I went to the homepage and saw this warning

"Dear clients and users,

We are sorry to inform you that Wobook.com will be definitively closed on the 15th of January 2020.
    Make sure that either you have access to your original documents or to download them here as PDF files.
    The Wobook.com team thanks you for your understanding and is still available to respond to any question.
    "

Too bad
    Q

11. panzerman

Yes, I saw that also:(
    John

12. GDJMSP

:(

13. GDJMSP

'Course ya could go ahead and build it using that software before that date and then download it as a pdf. At least you'd have it done and available for posting anywhere you wanted to. Just an idea.

Cucumbor, tibor and panzerman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted