Oversized 1945 penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Todd walker, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hello coin fanatics, Im new here. Happy New Year to all you great people. I have a silly question. Can someone please show me a Texas cent. For i have a 1945 penny here and i can not see this coin as petfect as it is, being a stretched coin. Even the design at the top of the wheat with the lines, is 100 percent petfect. No letters or numbers are deformed. Please gimme some input. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hello coin fanatics, Im new here. Happy New Year to all you great people. I have a silly question. Can someone please show me a Texas cent. For i have a 1945 penny here and i can not see this coin as petfect as it is, being a stretched coin. Even the design at the top of the wheat with the lines, is 100 percent petfect. No letters or numbers are deformed. Please gimme some input. Thanks

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Welcome To Cointalk
    If you post a pic of your coin I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with your coin.
    Davw

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I Googled Texas Cent

Here is an example of a ex Copper Plated Cent -

Texas Cent:
    A cent with a larger-than-normal diameter that was intentionally damaged outside the mint. The traditional method is hammering the cent between pieces of (usually) leather. However, another instance of cents with larger-than-normal diameters is now commonly seen on cents that have had their plating removed. Whatever methods are being used to strip the plating, most of which involve exposure to chemicals and heat, are leaving the resulting zinc core thinner with an expanded diameter. Below is an example of one of these stripped cents.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

This is a duplicate thread. Pictures on the other he posted

7. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks
    @paddyman98
    Dave

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator