Oversize 1804 coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Ysabel, May 12, 2015.

1. Ysabel

Ysabel New Member

We have an 1804 oversize image.jpg image.jpg coin diameter 2.4 inches (6 cm )and the mass is more than 100 grams. This coin is given by the grandfather of my boyfriend when he was like 5 or 7 yrs and he also gave my boyfriend some other coins but this coin is kind a strange and we don't have idea. We did some research but i don't think this is a real one but this might be use with something. Hope someone can tell us about this oversize coin.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Hello Ysabel! What you have is a cast copy of a very famous and expensive dollar. Put it in your pocket and use it for a good luck charm. Perhaps it will motivate you to collect - it's fun and you learn a lot of history. Word is, although I have no first hand knowledge, is that some even make money!

Ysabel likes this.
  4. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain it's a cast replica of an 1804 silver dollar.

Ysabel likes this.
  5. Ysabel

Ysabel New Member

Thank you derkerlegand, yeah i was hook up researching about this coin i find it amusing Im glad after 3 days i landed in this coin talk website. I will start collecting coin now.

derkerlegand likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

100% guarantee that it is fake

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Not easy to do with something almost two and a half inches in diameter.

9. Really me too I have an1804$

10. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Yours is probably a counterfeit also, but post pictures and the experts will let you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted