Overprint $10 Federal Reserve Note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by man2004, Jul 6, 2019.

1. man2004

man2004 Active Member

This is a recent find. Any opinions on value and potential for submission to PMG would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

56B35892-7253-4A48-AFD8-F5B83F187621.jpeg 2E68150D-3BDD-4714-80B9-078654E45E1D.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Shifted Serial Number and District Seal print.. nice acquisition!

R_rabbit and man2004 like this.
  4. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Nice find! You found it in circulation, or acquired it?

Definitely worth submitting to PMG.

man2004 likes this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

3rd print shifted. It looks very nice.

man2004 likes this.
  6. man2004

man2004 Active Member

Paid almost double Face Value - $18 Pawn Shop purchase! Any thoughts on actual value? I’d grade it a low VF - No pin holes, etc.

NOS likes this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Currency errors are fickle in terms of set prices.
    But I imagine it's worth more than you paid.

man2004 and NOS like this.
  8. man2004

man2004 Active Member

Thank you Michael! I’m guessing about $50 maximum honesty. That’s why I’m reluctant to submit this one to PMG. I generally use the $100 minimum value rule. But, errors could be an exception.

9. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I don't see the need to send it PMG. I don't think anyone will argue against it being a third printing shift, so there is no need to verify. Grading on the other hand may not be worth it because if it is not a high grade(let's say 58 or greater), it just does not pay. I have seen these on eBay for asking prices of $250+, but I don't think they sold.

man2004 likes this.
  10. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Easily worth what you paid, a nice if well circulated example of the error. It's a major misalignment. I'd likely not get it graded, I don't think it will help and it won't come back probably higher than a VF30 anyways. If you are into collecting, it's a nice valuable keeper. If not, you can flip it for $50 easily and likely into maybe the $70 range, depends on the buyers at the time you sell...

Draft saved Draft deleted