outside the box... (JCB)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by gypsy_gear, Jan 9, 2012.

1. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

1. I think Cobain's meaning of this song is the afterlife in general, no matter what you do in this life, you don't have a choice in where you go in the afterlife, **** or heaven, it's up to the angels and demons.
    2. Cobain no longer recognizes himself as he once was, it's a reflection on himself. He committed suicide months after recording it on Unplugged. It has nothing to do with religion or Jesus.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

School was in the way of me posting here, but The first is definitely predestination and the reflections/predictions of where he is going and wondering what each is like.

The other one could be Kurt himself because the "Face to face" part could be a reflection he is seeing. Kurt sold himself out and isn't very happy.

I really don't like the songs anymore because I was up 'till 3:00 a.m. and now they are completely annoying.

4. JBaker

JBaker New Member

Not to derail, but I'm pretty confident that's not Isildur's blog. He was always a very private person (remember the identity hunt?), so I really doubt that he would have a blog like that.

5. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

You like nirvana 2?

6. Shamrock111

Shamrock111 Member

1 This Song Is A Cover Of the Song "Lake Of Fire" By The Meat Puppets And Nirvana Did This Version Of Their Song At Their Unplugged In New York Show.(One Of Their Last Shows).The Slow Guitar Beat Makes The Song Another Depressing One.In My Oppinion I Think This Songs A Question Looking For An Answer About Where All The Bad People In This World Go When They Die.I Personally Think They Go To **** But Other People Will Have Other Oppinions.

2. This song Nirvana covered by David Bowie. This is about a man who no longer recognizes himself and feels awful about it.For years, Bowie struggled with his identity and expressed himself through his songs, often creating characters to perform them. On the album cover, Bowie is wearing a dress.

7. gypsy_gear

gypsy_gear New Member

yeah I agree Jbaker. He was a ghost, nobody knew who he was, and he liked it that way. You are correct in the identity hunt. I used to play online for 30 to 40 hours a week, so I kept up with it pretty well. I think they thought it was Victor Blom for a while didnt they?

8. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

okay so the first is about predestinatination
    the second is about bowie's brother's death?

doubt i got it right but its worth a shot.

9. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

He didn't commit suicide, he was murdered...

10. gypsy_gear

gypsy_gear New Member

I also think Courtney had something to do with it too VDB!!!!

11. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

So, can you present any evidence that hasn't already been heavily debunked?

12. JBaker

JBaker New Member

Yeah for a while they were trying to figure out who he was, and Blom was definitely a possibility. I remember watching one of the WSOPE events on ESPN and the announcers were discussing who they thought it was, and Blom came up.

I also used to play a ton (about 25-30 hours a week), but after FTP and PS got shut down my play time drastically decreased, to less than 5 (on a new site).

13. gypsy_gear

gypsy_gear New Member

yeah I played on Pokerstars ALOT!! I didnt care much for Full Tilt though. My favorite of all time was Doyles' Room. I could see the cards very easily. I took alot of bad beats on Pokerstars as well. Oh well old days, I play live now, and do much better at it. What was your username on Pstars? Maybe we have played against each other before?

14. JBaker

JBaker New Member

I primarily played on FTP, but when I played tournaments at Stars I used the name "JBaker904". Now I just play on a real small site that is part of the Everleaf network.

15. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Lots of evidence has been uncovered since the original case closed.

16. Big Nirvana fan back in college. Both songs are anti-religious, with the first focused on hypocrisy and the second on abandonment/betrayal. :devil: TC

17. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Hey man hate to jump off subject here. That blog on isildur1 was not him, but written by a FT railbird/ aspiring writer. Incase you didn't know Isildur1 = Viktor Blom, it wasn't 400 dollars, but 2k he started out with. This came out of the mouth of patrick Antonius. He was the closest thing to Stu Ungar that we have had in 20 years. As far as Stu Ungar, he is a legend. I don't know how much you know about him GG, but you should read the book "One of a kind." He didn't get lost in wealth, but instant gratification. All of his money and talent went up his nose.

18. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

I don't remember the name. You can look me up on sharkscope.com to see if we ever played each other. I was JohnnyCashout and later played as Mrjingles83, and TSG_SiLent. Got my start on the Euro Sites (Poker Ocean/ Titan Poker) Then moved to fulltilt full time. I quit playing last year after losing 80% of my bankroll in one weekend.

19. gypsy_gear

gypsy_gear New Member

Ok guys, we got a little off topic on the poker thing. Everyone cast their votes as to you all think had the best answer, and we will pick a winner from who has the most votes. You can vote for yourself if you want. We will tally up the votes and pick the winner in the morning.
    Rocky

20. zach24

zach24 DNSO 7070 71 pct complete

I vote Kasia!

21. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

You said you can vote yourself. So I vote cazkaboom ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted