"out for delivery"

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by chrsmat71, Oct 3, 2013.

1. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Congrats dawg => it looks very happy sitting on your good ol' table!!

:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I so want one of those! Great catch chrsmat!

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

My mail guy is totally clueless. Today he brought me the only coin I have been waiting for. I told him this is the last for a while. What do you think he said next? Guess. Go ahead. Guess.

Oh OK, with the door wide open and in a voice loud enough to be heard on the next block, this character says " What happened? Did the Missus catch you ordering all these coins?" Geesh!

Of course, then the explaining began and I'm still trying to dig my way out.

vlaha, Ancientnoob and stevex6 like this.
  5. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

tell your mail guy to forward your coins to your new address....

[​IMG]

i visit this place from time to time myself.:)

vlaha, Bing and stevex6 like this.
  6. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Awesome coin Chris, great color and detail....side note my mail carrier hates me, when she has to deliver 60 lbs of bullets for reloading and has to drag the box to the door..:(
    Now she just leaves a slip and i have to pick them up.....:eek:

vlaha and stevex6 like this.
  7. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Dang...think I saw that one on the bay and decided to pass it up at the last second! :(

8. ValiantKnight

I think my mail guy hates his job, or life in general, because he always has that same bored, kinda tired expression when he passes by (though he's never said anything about all the letters and packages I've gotten). I feel he might get tired one day of me getting stuff all the time and just not deliver them and leave pink slips instead. I suspect he did it once already.

9. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

He's just jealous that you're getting all the cool coins... :D

ValiantKnight likes this.
  10. ValiantKnight

I actually hope he doesn't know I get coins :eek: because I'd rather as few people know as possible...

11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Man, I know that feeling ...

The town I work in is so small, that everybody knows everything about everybody else ... *yikes*!! (but what can you do?)

:(

12. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

I live in Connecticut and my Pyu left made it from Thailand to Kearney, NJ where it departed the sort facility...and that was a week ago!

13. chrsmat71

thanks for comments and good luck with your mail carriers!

[​IMG]

my guys and girls have been pretty good, can't complain. i've had one coin i mailed not show up to its destination, but not sure where it went missing.

stevex6 and vlaha like this.
  14. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Haven't ever met my mail person. Neither myself nor the gf are ever home during the day. She has made the comment about all of the packages I receive though. Now instead I just order multiple coins from one seller or one more expensive coin. At least there are less packages this way. :D

A lot of people know I collect just not to what extent. As far as they know I have some NCLT and pennies and stuff

Steve - I definitely would not go mentioning the collection in your area based on the people I know from up there. I hate small towns for the reason that everyone knows everything you do. Good ole big city boy now. Saw the forecast for snow up there. How's that treatin ya? :p

stevex6 likes this.
  15. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

True JA : people not asking questions already have the answers they expect....:D

Q

16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

... just a couple of flurries, so far ...

Man, where did the summer go? (just last week, I was still riding my bike to work, in shorts!!) ... what a place, eh?

Oh well, I guess there are a couple of benefits to living up here?

Number one benefit => there are lots of fun outdoor activities!!

pluses three.jpg

Number two => great parties and night-life!!

pluses four.jpg

Number three => amazing northern scenery!!

pluses five.jpg
    pluses too.jpg
    baby got back.jpg

Derick, silentnviolent, vlaha and 5 others like this.
  17. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Ran by the office early this morning to get my Klazomenai coin. Then off to the airport...

PIGS ON THE WING ON THE WING :D
    OnTheWingEd.gif

Derick, chrsmat71, stevex6 and 2 others like this.
  18. chrsmat71

don't forget to get him before take off!

19. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Yeah, that would've been bad. It's in my purse, safe & sound :)

Draft saved Draft deleted