"out for delivery"

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by chrsmat71, Oct 3, 2013.

1. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

i LOVE seeing those words when i check a tracking number!

[​IMG]

geekpryde, Eng, randygeki and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Yeah, I've got one today too. :)

4. Stevenn57

Stevenn57 Active Member

I have 2. Yeah!!!!!!

5. TIF

TIF Always learning.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Just like Christmas presents, I guess I just like surprises. Yesterday I got a package in the mail containing my latest antiquities associated with my ancient coins. It had 5 sogdian seal rings, and a bronze sogdian seal. Very interesting.

7. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Did you fall of the wagon again Chrsmat?;)

8. chrsmat71

ummmmmmmmmm........

well.......

depends on what you mean by....

yes.

i'm not a fan of the wagon really. :D

vlaha and TIF like this.
  9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

And then you get home from work and find that little pink slip saying you need to pick it up the next day at the post office. How disappointing.

stevex6 and Bing like this.
  10. chrsmat71

[​IMG]

Derick, vlaha, Eng and 5 others like this.
  11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

When I'm not home during lunchtime to intercept my "important parcels", I'm pretty sure that this is the scene at my house!!

mailman.jpg

12. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

You know its serious when the cats and dogs team up :D

stevex6 likes this.
  13. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I like it when it says " Out for deliver, even though the mail man just passed your house, so I guess you'll have to wait another day, oh wait maybe he send the package to Phoenix for no reason and you'll be lucky to get it before the weakend.....maybe"

14. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Recently I bought a bunch of coins from a guy in Portugal. About a month went by and I didn't get anything, so I wrote to him and asked if he had a tracking number. He sent it to me, I checked and it said it had been sitting at the post office for like two weeks. They never told me. Fortunately I was able to go pick it up.

A little later, I ordered from the same guy again, and a few weeks passed and I got one of those slips in my mailbox. So I went to the post office, and they couldn't find the package. The person said she'd wait until the mailman got back to ask him about it and then call me. A few days went by, no phone call, so I go back and get a different person. She went right back there and brought it out.

Both packages were about $60 worth of coins, which for me is a big expense, so it was a little tense for awhile.

15. TIF

TIF Always learning.

LOL, my package was delivered to my office today but I was elsewhere-- and I'm working out of the country tomorrow. Guess I'll pick it up on the way to the airport.

I don't have residential mail delivery so getting things is tricky.

One time I was anxiously awaiting a fantastic new guitar and missed the FedEx delivery. It was a Friday. I drove around until I saw the truck and took delivery on the side of the road :D

silentnviolent, jj00 and randygeki like this.
  16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

My Mail-lady is a bit fricken random => if she ever stops and talks with my wife she says "Wow, your husband sure gets a lot of packages, eh?"

=> who does that? (don't they teach mail-carriers anything?)

Brutal!! => that should be Mail 101

:mad:

17. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Ouch. Busted!

stevex6 likes this.
  18. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

I know ... again, who does that?!! (I guess I need to tip her a bit more at Christmas, eh?)

... geesh, maybe my wife is already greasing her palm!! (yup, she's as sly as a hot fox!!)

19. chrsmat71

here it is, waiting on the kitchen table.....mrs chrsmat71 didn't ask any questions. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ptolemy iii euergetes
    246-222 bc
    ae hemidrachm
    o: zeus
    r: eagle on thunderbold, cornucopia...epsilon monogram.
    sv 974
    40 mm (BOOOM!)
    43.6 g (BOOM!)
    5 mm thick!

i've been wanting one of these big ol' ptolemy coins for a while now. saw this one up for auction and half heartedly went for it. thanks to TIF for giving me a pep talk, i got the...let's say "obols"...to get a bit aggressive (and realistic) and spend more money than i really could afford to. AND I'M VERY GLAD I DID!

vlaha, Eng, stevex6 and 3 others like this.
  20. TIF

TIF Always learning.

KaBOOM! Yay, glad you got it!!

I like the way the patina highlights the devices.

OH, and just in time for the 'P' rulers tomorrow in the alphabet thread :)

21. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

That's bad. You're in worse trouble than you thought.

chrsmat71 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted