Original ms 65+ roll of 1938 buffalo nickels

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Kermit, May 9, 2022.

1. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

I have a blue roll of perfect buffalo nickels. Roll says new in cursive and was wondering what a roll like this is worth these days. I last posted about this in 2010
    American security & trust d.c.
    Overall, buying a nice coin is one thing, but buying a unsearched BU original roll has to be worth something, 85 years later

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Well depending on variety ,and condition some will bring more... if they are ms 66 and up you'll do quite well....the 38 D is a favorite of mine, and a lot of collectors as they are usually in nice shape .
    You may enjoy doing the atribution on them varietyvista.com 1938DOMM004cg.jpg

D/S variety

I would also warn about storage in that paper...and carbon spots....I would definitely do something other than let sit longer....and check the other 39 in the roll.

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

All are MS65+o_Oo_Osays who?they aren't certified so by what you say I guess all should at least be uncirculated.Possibly $500 more or less depending if the date range varies or are they all 38's.

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

True,to the OP before selling search for varietys first.If you want to get more for selling if you are,then try to sell the coins yourself individually as most likely the average coin dealers would just give you a total for all price.One might be a 67 for all as you know but that's really a longshot.

6. Paddy54

Let me summons the 38 D. Hunter @jtlee321

jtlee321 likes this.
  7. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Probably a lot more than in 2010.

Kentucky likes this.
  8. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

I still think finding a roll like this is rare. I can't find any. I have 3 different from I think original owner. Steel pennies, walking liberty and these. Some of the nicest I have seen. Don't want to open the roll further

9. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

I sent more photos

10. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

I only say 65+ because I have collected for 20 years and they are stunning

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Never heard of a roll like this, but just look them up, it ain't hard. The paper roll of course is worthless.

12. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

You try, I can't find any. Only circulated

13. Paddy54

No 38 D rolls can be had....it may take awhile..but they can be had...but your $ is in the varieties and condition.

14. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Those are purdy. I would have a hard time not opening the rest of the roll.

15. Paddy54

The trouble with paper rolls of this age...its a pig in a poke....One cannot see whats inside...they maybe toned gems,and they maybe trash...electrolysis I ve seen in paper rolls eat coins. I had a roll of 1943 steel in paper...every one was trash...do to the reaction in the wrapper for 80 what years?
    I had a lady with rolls of IHC again the copper was actually eaten and the coins were dusty with red dust.

wxcoin and furryfrog02 like this.
  16. Paddy54

Those 40 nickels have potential..even more if graded...
    Hell if Anacs has a deal I send in the roll @ $10 @ coin.... and then your going to preserve the roll.
    You know what grade...as well be able to sell off at a profit.
    $400 grading fees... even at $40 @ coin your investment has just tripled to $1200.

17. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

The horse is out of that barn. The roll is opened and you will never convince anyone it is un-searched.

IMHO.

18. Paddy54

Weren't you supposed to be watching the barn? We need to get you some puppy uppers.....no napping on the job. LoL

wxcoin and CoinCorgi like this.
  19. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

No 38 d can be had? Do you mean someone collected 40 and put them in a roll... I know this is a original roll, I can feel it

20. Kermit

Kermit Junior Member

I understand what you mean, but to see this in person would change your mind. There are honest collectors that appreciate the original roll and can't ruin it

21. Paddy54

No I mean unc.bank roll of 38 d buffalos not a roll put together.

Draft saved Draft deleted