Organizing low value but great looking modern foreign coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by omegachop, May 19, 2018.

1. omegachop

omegachop New Member

What kind of system do you guys have? I have a lot of low value, recent production foreign coins, some that have beautiful designs. Places like the Bahamas, South America, etc. I want to figure out a way to organize them in a fashion that I can view them, right now I just have them in ziplocks organized by country. But since these are fairly recent coins, non precious metal, I am wondering what a cost efficient method of sorting and organizing is. I'm leaning towards making binders with vinyl sleeves, what do you guys think?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Binders with non-corrosive sleeves is a great way to go. In the past, I have used 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 basic mylar stapled holders ... that's 30 to a page, rather than 20 to a page with 2 x 2's. There is ample writing surface for anything quarter-size and down. I use them for all my Canadian large cents which are actually a little bigger than a quarter. You have to write fairly small, but still easy to read. I have nearly 3,000 large cents holdered and paged in albums, all in 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 mylars in pages.

4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Almost all of my coins are in 2x2s in pages in binders. I organize them by country alphabetically.

Draft saved Draft deleted