Order Status at US Mint Site????

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by smullen, Feb 19, 2007.

1. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I just went to the site to check on two orders I'm waiting on...

<newest one>
    Order Date: 02/15/2007 at 06:14 PM
    Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

PRESIDENTIAL DLR SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 10 1 $0.00 $0.00 In stock and reserved
    2007 G. WASHINGTON DLR 25 COIN ROLL (D) 3 $35.95 $107.85 In stock and reserved
    2007 G. WASHINGTON DLR 25 COIN ROLL (P) 3 $35.95 $107.85 In stock and reserved

(I knew the Proof sets were on hold and one of the rolls, but the ""Your order request has been suspended" is really bugging me)

<Next newest one>.
    Order Date:<not shown anymore, was a subscription, I think>
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

2007 5-COIN SILVER QUARTERS PROOF SET 2 $25.95 $51.90 2 units shipped on 02/08/2007

(this is one of the ones that been stuck in KY since I think Feb 8th, again the ""Your order request has been suspended" is really bugging me)

I tried logging out and back in and I went and looked at the page that shows all my subscriptions and they all still look there... All my Credit Card and other info are still valid...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. erwizard

erwizard Numismatic RN

Same EXACT thing with me too. The past 3 orders have said that. I never got my San Fran Commem, mint set and now its saying "suspended" for my ASE and GW. RIGHT after I ordered them I went to the "Track Order" page and it said that. I have 1 nerve left....and the Mint is on it. :headbang:

4. line_grade

line_grade Member

Same thing here. Went through the whole process, put some of the new presidents proof on subscription, ordered a couple of rolls, everything looked fine, got a confirmation e-mail thanking me for my order. Then tried to access my subscription page and of course I couldn't do that "sorry for the inconvienience", then went to the track order page, "order status suspended", yet everything was listed as "in stock and reserved"....grrrrrrrr....!!! don't know what to do now.

5. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

ND86, can you comment??? I will try and call the mint in a few, but I'm guessing I'll get better info from you...

6. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

what I have been told is that they are changing the way they are processing orders. It appears that they oversold the 2006w silver eagles by a hold bunch, probably in the thousands. They are trying to get it where when one orders it does not go into their famous "back order status".

The sale of the proof presidential coins have been delayed probably for months till they have sufficent inventory on hand to fill orders instead of "pre-selling" them as they have been doing.

I truly can not understand why it took the mint so long to understand this and how little concern or respect they have for their customer.

7. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

The U.S. Mint

[​IMG]
    A long tradition of incompetence. Suspect quality. Value to their bottom line. Now I understand the Mint's motto. :mouth:

8. Philly Dog

Philly Dog Coin Collector

I just hope there is no finagling (Coin Vault Types) going on. I have seen much of it with the Postal service when they contract out stuff. I hope there is a strict check on this holding house and hopefully there is a mint employee there at all times, but who knows. Just checked my order from Feb 15th was sent on Feb 17th standard ParcelPost with a tracking # that can not be tracked on the web 200.00 worth of coins and they send it Parcel post
    :secret:

9. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

OK, I called the mint here is what they told me...

On this one...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Order Date:<not shown anymore, was a subscription, I think>
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

2007 5-COIN SILVER QUARTERS PROOF SET 2 $25.95 $51.90 2 units shipped on 02/08/2007
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[QUOTE="LaCristia" from the USMint]

LaCristia, said, "Yea, it shows that its been there since the Feb 8th...(long Pause) So thats not been 30 days since its been there...
    This is normal...

Please wait 30 Days to file a claim and on your other order well, it is suspened... Because the system was really busy when you placed that order and

Someone else placed an order at the same time as you and we can't have two people in ordering at the same time, so one of you got Bumped...

Which was you... Sorry about that...

I'll transfer you to someone who can maybe help with the ""Subscription Suspened Issue"[/QUOTE]

So after talking to this person, I know no more than before I called and I was placed on hold for 22 minutes... I put it on Speaker as I was getting a neck cramp and had work to do...

Ok, getting someone, its Ringing..

On this one, the "supension order"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Order Date: 02/15/2007 at 06:14 PM
    Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

PRESIDENTIAL DLR SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 10 1 $0.00 $0.00 In stock and reserved
    2007 G. WASHINGTON DLR 25 COIN ROLL (D) 3 $35.95 $107.85 In stock and reserved
    2007 G. WASHINGTON DLR 25 COIN ROLL (P) 3 $35.95 $107.85 In stock and reserved
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was told [QUOTE="Regina" Senior something from the USMint] told me that the system was indeed overloaded and they are manually going back in and ""Releasing" the orders after they "Verify"... It should show up in progress or partial ship in the next 24 hours...[/QUOTE]

Since she atleast sounded helpful and more polite than the lst person, I figured I'd try my luck and ask about the previous order with the tracking # Stuck in KY since Feb 8th and see what her spin was...

Again to quote Regina, [QUOTE="Regina" Senior something from the USMint] said that it had left their facility and was now in the USPS hands...

I would have to look at the tracking number online, or take it up with the Post Office and that after 30 days I could file a claim... However, I should be patied as today is a Holiday...[/QUOTE]

She is righ about that, It is a Holiday...

I'm not quite sure how todays Holiday has something stuck since the 8th and its now the 19th... I could see if it left there and just got to the local Post Office on Fri or Sat, that it would not get delivered today...

Shesh... I'm not asking for anything free, I just want to know where my stuff is... I want my dang coins!!! :)

I know, I'm like a bratty kid waiting to open Christmas presents.... But here you have my updates on the mint orders incase you are waiting on something simmilar...

10. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

To be Fair and despite my sarcasim, whining and crying.... I really like the US Mint...

They have a decent easy to use page, Nice clear pics of all the products, an ordering system that makes sense how it works even if there are screw ups like the above from time to time and out of like 15+ orders in the last 2 years, these are the 1st few to have issues...

Most of the time, I place an order, it shows in progress or something like that for 2 Days tops, then it ships out.... 3-5 Business days later, its at my door... All the quantitys ordered and quality have been what they should have been...

11. Philly Dog

SMULLEN

Shesh... I'm not asking for anything free, I just want to know where my stuff is... I want my dang coins!!! :)

I know, I'm like a bratty kid waiting to open Christmas presents.... But here you have my updates on the mint orders incase you are waiting on something simmilar...[/QUOTE]

Can I ask if they sent it standard? Tthat can take like 2 to 9 days. My unc. sets, Wash Dolls, and Kennedy Halves were sent out on the Feb 17th standard. I Can't blame the Post office its the mint they want to send it the cheap way.

from the PO site
    Standard Mail™ Estimated Time of Delivery: 2 to 9 days
    (The USPS does NOT guarantee delivery of Standard Mail.)

How can they send 200.00 worth of coins not guarantee delivery

12. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

ND86,

Well put… I think you addressed them as best as anyone possibly could….

I wished when we talked to someone on the phone they would treat us with your demeanor…

I look forward to the new products and the improvements that the steps that the mint is making to improve product delivery and Customer Service…

Lastly, I don’t mind waiting for a product that been back ordered or delayed as long as I know what going on with the order…

Thank you greatly for the Updates…

I’ll keep an eye on my orders and let you all know how they pan out…

13. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Yep orders under 300.00 go standard... She quoted 30 Days for Standard????

Usually, I haven't had a problem with this and from what I was told, it is Guaranteed... Its just over 30 Days.... To play Devils advicate here a bit, People would complain if they jacked the price of shipping a few dollars to make the service a bit better…

You might not, but plenty would…

The USPS is what is Scarey!!! How would they like it if my payment to them was not guaranteed.... That wouldn't fly...

How can the post office not guarantee delivery on any tier of mail service???

Thats their one job that they are paid to do; And people talk bad about Auto workers... :)

back on a serious note, I think you can specifiy better shipping at an additional cost...

14. Philly Dog

I gave the stinking PO 27 years and was offered a early retirement 2 years ago and never looked back.
    I seen every kind of screw up there is. I carried for many years but last 10 I worked in admin and was on the Stamp Destruction committee for 3 years. when a rate change went in we would Destroy at least 50 million in stamps just one district. x that by 1000 districts Lot of paper down the tube

:headbang:

15. ttiger19

ttiger19 Junior Member

The same thing with USPS happened to me last year with the silver american eagle. It was shipped out but then was being held in a city that was 5 miles from me and it was there for 5 days(not as long as other people) i was just so mad that it had gotten so close to my house and was now just sitting in a facility that I could have walked to and gotten it for myself.

16. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

This point is one of the most important when it comes to customer satisfaction. People want to know what is going on and as soon as possible. Bad news or good news, it doesn't matter, just keep the customer informed.

I have worked either in Customer Service, Marketing, or Quality Control for more than ten years now and it has always been the same. The customer is more understanding if they are kept informed, and trust the source.

Some companies do not want to air their dirty laundry because that would draw unwanted attention. The better companies have come to realize they build consumer loyalty by treating their customers with respect and understanding. In return, most people respond likewise. They also use these opportunities to reevaluate and adjust operating policies, and processes to help improve the business.

I hope the people and culture you speak of at the mint come to realize the upside of good and accurate communication.

Each customer needs to be treaded as a real person that needs answers, not just another order that has an issue that will work itself out in the end. Push the information out to the customer; do not wait for the enquiry.

Thanks ND86 for always taking time from your day to help the rest of us understand what is happening! I for one, really appreciate the information. I have a personal attachment to every coin I order from the mint. They are all important to me and I wait anxiously to hold and admire each one. Most are admired as much as any nice piece of art we collect.

Best Regards,

Darryl

17. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I am second to none in my appreciation of the timely information that ND and others bring to this forum. I have learned so much in ways other than collecting coins. Darryl I could not agree more with you about the need for information, good or bad. May I add this need to be done in a timely as possible manner. When the chances are almost 0 percent of one getting their merchandise it should not take 3 months to be notified. Hopefully they are addressing this area.

18. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Stamp Destruction Committee.

Philly Dog,what is the Stamp Destruction Committee,& what sort of responsibilities does it have?

Aidan.

19. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I no expert so this is just a shot in the dark, but I'm gonna have to go with.................................
    Stamp Destruction, maybe......... :whistle:

20. Philly Dog

It is 3 people locked in a room under the eye of the Postal Inspection service with a very huge shredder that can shred a 2x4. When your local Post Offices have stamp stock that is no longer needed it must be sent into the District about 3 times a year only when allowed by the district. Each office is accountable for there stamp stock so when they count it up and then they send it registered to us we had to count and verify it by the 3 of us if the count was off we would offer to send it back or they could except our count. Some offices have over million of stamp stock so they have to keep good records or they will be paying out of there own pockets.
    When all is counted the stamps are then shredded then placed in a trash compacter. We had a Tractor trailer full when the stamps went from .37 to .39 too much to shred had to be burned at a giant incinerator almost 100 million in stock lots of .37 stamps up in smoke witnessed by yours truly

Was I glad when my 3 years on that crap was done
    Counting was nerver ending

21. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Philly Dog,that sure was a real waste of good paper.It was a pity that the Post Office didn't think to print 2c. stamps so that they could have been added to the 37c. stamps when the rate was 39c.

Here in New Zealand,the postage rate went up from 40c. to 45c., the post offices had a lot of the obsolete 40c. stamps left over.The Post Office went ahead & printed off a lot of 5c. make-up stamps with a very plain grey background & '5c' inside a white circle.These make-up stamps are very popular with the stamp collectors in their own right.

Aidan.

Draft saved Draft deleted