Opinions on these 2 notes.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Timewarp, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

1934C NA Rev..jpg 1934C NA Block.jpg 1934C LA Rev..jpg 1934C LA Block.jpg I recently purchased these notes because I liked the look of them and they fit in nice in my collection. After looking at them in hand I couldn't figure why they only received a 55 grading. The corners are sharp and the notes are well centered. There are no creases or fold lines visible.
    All opinions, thoughts and views are appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

I would have thought a bit more also.

4. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Without any reference to how notes are graded, I'd think it might be the centering on one and the reverse edge staining on both.

5. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Both notes have some minor handling to the left and right of center. It's often hard to see the handling on AU notes through a holder, let alone through the internet.

Here's a good grading guide with photos: http://www.panix.com/~clay/currency/grading.html

Timewarp likes this.
  6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

did you try using a nice bright LED light in a darkened room, illuminating the note from behind to see the imperfections?:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Timewarp likes this.
  7. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

OK, upon further review I guess the staining on both notes accounts for the 55 grade. Also on 1 in the light at a certain angle I saw a faint verticle line down the center. I still like these notes and for the price I'm not disappointed.

Thanks for all the input.

Draft saved Draft deleted