Opinions on star notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Nicholas Mullen, Feb 12, 2020.

1. So I have these star notes that are actually kind of rare. I know the 50 note is only a 320k run and the 100 bill is fairly rare from 1996. I was wondering if anyone could give me any idea of their worth or if anyone us interested in buying them. Should I take them to a coin shop and get an estimate? Is there anyone i could connect to a star note collector? 20200212_115204.jpg 20200212_115210.jpg 20200212_115215.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I'm not a star note collector but on feebay they seem to sell for a small profit. Unfortunately your $100 isn't in that good of shape but if you take them to the next coin show near you, you may be able to make a few bucks. Check out ebay for prices! :D

4. Thank you very much . I will consider and see when the closest coin show is. Agreed the 100 bill isnt in good shape so it probably isnt worth anything except to a die hard collector of that series.

5. And also I had tried to sell it on ebay but it seemed to not sell, I'm not sure if maybe I gave wrong info on the 50 dollar bill or if it just wasnt good enough to be considered. So the 100 is just spending money?

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I believe the only low run star note of the three is the 2013 $50 MA* at 640K. Most hardcore modern high denomination ($50-$100) star note collectors I know want uncirculated examples for their collections...unless the note is extremely scarce. I do not believe a coin shop would offer anything over face. Cool finds but hard to justify keeping.

Nicholas Mullen likes this.
  7. Understandable. They are only useful to someone who wants to finish a collection or filler piece. I should use these to buy my new laptop

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Most people the collect low runs and stars, are looking for pristine condition
    notes, yours are not so much, so you would be hard pressed to get anything
    over face.

9. Valid point I'll use this money to buy my new laptop

mpcusa likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That would be a good investment :)

fretboard and Nicholas Mullen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted