Opinions on 1890 cc

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by murty, Nov 11, 2016.

1. murty

murty Junior Member

The coin looks a little scruffy and may have been cleaned. I am thinking VF-20!! Opinions please
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I see a lot of Ware on the reverse, eagles breast & right wing. The obv. Hairline from ear to forehead is also worn quite much. I would only give it a VG-8. Sorry.

4. murty

murty Junior Member

Do you think it was cleaned??

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Yes, it was likely cleaned, but it will not affect the grade at this level. VF-20 may be a stretch.

6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

While we can make a GREAT argument for F-15+ and grading by a small photo is nonsense; IMHO: "Commercial" VF-20 ALL DAY LONG because... just because. :jawdrop:

1. Traces of mint luster in recesses. Unfortunately, these days, any trace of luster kicks a coin into VF/XF.

2. Lines in cotton bolls & top leaf visible into bottom leaf. Good place to separate VG/F/VF coins. Also lines in left wing.

3. Coin looks natural - enough in photo.

7. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Yes, it appears to have been cleaned. Does anyone have a comment about the MM. It just doesn't look right to me.

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Looks lopsided. That normal??

9. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Tail bar (VAM 4)!

Beat-up VF20, +/- cleaning.

10. murty

murty Junior Member

It is vf-details...the vam 4 is why i am interested. But at what price?????:happy:

11. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

$200 is fair for a problem free VF20. The price curve is pretty flat into lower grades, so saying to pay VG10 money wouldn't discount it much. Problem coins are very hard to price, especially since you really can't judge the extent of the problem all that well until you have the coin in hand. $125?

12. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Details coin--VF 20 sounds good. Harshly cleaned, and will not grade, obviously.

Draft saved Draft deleted