Opinions needed

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Candyrenee, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Candyrenee

Candyrenee New Member

Hi this coin was found in my change is it just from weathering or is it an error I also have many more coins in question and need opinions any and all

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Any coin that looks like the nickel above is PMD. Post mint damage.

Spark1951 likes this.
  4. Candyrenee

Candyrenee New Member

Ok that's what I thought like maybe it been through the washing machine far to many times I have one last question is any of these worth holding on to

Attached Files:

5. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Definitely damaged, and not a US Mint error.

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The Lincoln cents are worth a few cents each.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Road rash. 5 cents. If you can't use it in a self serve machine it's worth nothing.
    I used to be able to cash in my mutilated coins once a year (metal detecting) but my CU stopped doing it and it's not worth the postage to mail in a bunch of rotted zincolns to get reimbursed. You can always use this coin to hand pay a cashier but
    I feel bad giving them such a coin and just put it in my junk jar of coins I can't redeem.

8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

PMD on the first nickel. The group collection: all look like keepers except the buffalo nickel. But as mentioned, the wheats’ values are minimal in those conditions, the Ikes look in really good condition and the Bicentennial Kennedy just possibly should be slabbed. The 5 franc is beat up; you would have to find the mintage for rarity…otherwise it would be of minimal value too…imo…Spark

EDIT TO ADD: From NGC World Coins…The 5-franc…The mintage is 45.5 million, so not rare. XF40 is listed at 1.00 value USD. For comparison, at MS60 it lists for $1.50 USD…but this ‘72 5-franc is nowhere near mint state.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

They're not worth squat.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  10. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Aw c'mon Eddie, they're at least good for a few cents . . . or crackin' a horse's teeth.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Definitely damaged

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Candyrenee

Suggestion - please try to create your threads over at the Error Coins forum here on CoinTalk. First learn what you might have. Worry about value last.
    Not everything that looks different, strange or weird is automatically a mint error. It takes time to learn what occurred on coins such as yours and true errors.

Welcome to CoinTalk

expat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted