Opinion on 2 nickels please.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by bigdoglvr, May 22, 2017.

1. bigdoglvr

bigdoglvr Member

First on looks like it has a spear through the base of the left column. Its a 2016 p. The second looks like it may be a double strike on the mint mark. WIN_20170522_06_07_30_Pro.jpg WIN_20170522_07_10_44_Pro.jpg

longarm likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Based on the photos of the first one, I'd say it's just a hit. The second looks like it has potential for being an error.

4. bigdoglvr

bigdoglvr Member

Elaborate on "hit" for me.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

#1: A mark from another coin hitting it
    #2: Mechanical doubling, no value

6. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

The first pic is not pmd. Very cool.

longarm and NOS like this.
  7. Seattlite86

Can do.
    WIN_20170522_06_07_30_Pro.jpg
    Part A looks like a scrape
    Part B looks like another coin fell on it
    Part C is the one that has me wondering but I'd guess it's a hit from another coin as well. The photo is decent, but needs better lighting and to be zoomed in more there to have a better understanding of what A and C are.

8. bigdoglvr

bigdoglvr Member

Unfortunately I cant zoom in further. I do think your correct on all counts. Part A above is really what's getting me. The line is very straight and looks almost too narrow and neat for damage from another coin. I guess we may never know. I thank everyone for there input.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. Seattlite86

Truthfully, it almost looks like a strike through but it's hard to tell. How'd you take this shot? I've found the easiest way is a 10x loupe in front of a camera phone. Get some good lighting and they'll do a pretty good job of getting close ups.

Draft saved Draft deleted