One to go!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by MKent, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I started about six years ago putting together a set of Jefferson nickels found in circulation. They range from fine to BU. I found almost all of them in just a few months and take time off from searching nics to work on other sets or just because I'm tired of going through boxes. Well today I found my 1950D in a bag I was loading into the coin recycler at work. Now I only need the 1939D to finish the set all found none purchased. Not very valuable but very enjoyable and satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Congrats you would of never found that one in the 60's!

Paul M. likes this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

congrats ! what will you collect next ?

5. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Congrats! I've searched thousands of dollars worth of nickels without ever picking up a 50D or a 39D.

6. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

38-d was my last one, and it took me over a year of searching LOTS of boxes to find it. Ended up being in a monster box with two 38-d, and two 39-s, five war nickels and five buffalo. It was around AU-50, and well struck too, so added bonus. Don't forget to collect one of each hub for 1939 from each of the mints too to make it complete. Easy way to tell the reverse of 38 from the reverse of 40 is not the steps, since they are likely worn off of circulation finds, is to look at the last S of States. On the reverse of 38, the top of the S will curve down without a serif, sort of like the S on the screen here. On the reverse of 40, it will have a serif. Check out the photos on PCGS Coinfacts to see what I'm talking about.

MKent likes this.
  7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Great way to do a set. Congrats.

Draft saved Draft deleted