One sided Uni-face

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bobs Tavern Arm, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Nyasaland half cent? Uniface prototype?A small circle in the middle of the reverse.

A small 1955 Liberty-y is over a 1956 large Liberty-y. The small circle is through the middle of a Nyasaland Half Cent which 1955 was its first year as a coin. 3.0 grams is the weight of this coin like the Nyasaland Half Cent.
    91412FE0-AAC8-47F7-9D0F-6C71C5BCBAB6.jpeg 6204FC6E-C254-4679-AA79-2B3984EC3A1F.jpeg BC1FC877-6C5A-410A-B3A4-8ADE84CD75EE.jpeg 6F7ACA20-0E3C-43E9-8665-9F5B951B38EC.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You realize that is all damage, correct?

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Or like a Lincoln cent that's had its reverse detail machined off.

Why on Earth would you connect this to an obscure foreign issue that isn't even the same diameter as a Lincoln cent?

5. furryfrog02

[​IMG]

6. Correct. The Mint has been known to mint foreign coins. 21mm against 19mm Lincoln Cent. I would like to think the diameter was a direct reason. Two obverse double strikes on the end make me believe both of those coins were in proximity. Only because the off center wheats are a regular feature on a Uniface coin.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Your Cent is just a DEFDAM - Definitely Damaged :yack:

R_rabbit likes this.
  8. Off center wheat placement. I would like to follow my Nyasaland Cent thought and say the mint proposed that a half cent would have a smaller diameter, which is shown of the obverse. And proposed another diameter that a Nyasaland Half Cent would be, and we see that on the back.

9. furryfrog02

10. Reciprocal wheat adjustment marks... I’ll settle with you. Defaced dies are not supposed to be released. But first hopefully we see what happened to that die face that was so unacceptable like the wheat placements.

11. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I think I see the dancing elephants

furryfrog02 and Bobs Tavern Arm like this.
  12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I repeat.. DEFDAM - Definitely Damaged

13. furryfrog02

I repeat. This guy will never listen. Best to ignore and move on :)

R_rabbit and paddyman98 like this.
  14. Wanderingbark116

Wanderingbark116 Active Member

That thing is trashed. Why are you trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole? Anyone here who knows me, knows that I am (unfortunately) one of the most aspirational coin hunters here so if I can see it's PMD or DDD then it is DEFINITELY just PMD or DDD. It's not what you thought and that's ok. Move on to the next.

15. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

But he takes really great pics
    [​IMG]

16. Wanderingbark116

Wanderingbark116 Active Member

Right?! I want to ask what camera he's using cause those pics are choice. But also dont want to engage directly lol

Kasia likes this.
  17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

18. FINE, I’ll take a victory lap at your expense. Part 3 Die Installation Errors.
    From Error-Ref.Com speaks of the multiple thick ridges running through a canceled die. Not much a of an image, and you’d be happy to know that this is the first US Mint cancelled die, that’s been witnessed.. So says Error.Ref.Com.
    It’s the LAST entry at the bottom of that page before the menu.

19. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

What exactly did i just read?

20. Whats even cooler is I just pulled it yesterday when I stopped at my Currency Exchange while walking to the Grocery Store. (Which also has a change converting machine)

21. My usual $10.00 in roll pennies. My Currency Exchange is about 4 blocks from me, downtown.

Draft saved Draft deleted