One of the reasons packages never make it to your mailbox

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Twobit, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

The slab is for size comparison & cover addresses.

This is the second package in the past two months of this size
    (different sellers) & the first one didn't have coins showing
    but was a touch bigger than the size of a PCGS slab.

005.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The packaging is not adequate for the contents. Contact the sender.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and lucyray like this.
  4. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

5. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Wow, seriously?

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

7. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a doozy! Kind'a scary actually, you should definitely tell the seller (s)he needs to upgrade their packaging materials. As a seller, I would like to know if my packaging was faulty. As a buyer....I would like to know this person won't commit the same crime again. LOL

Not to hyjack your thread, but this package came to me last week... DSC_1480.JPG DSC_1481.JPG DSC_1484.JPG
    Thank goodness it was just a PCI and not an OGH or rattler.

8. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Everybody wants things shipped for nuffin.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Travlntiques photo above shows $2.04 postage to ship that coin across the country. The packaging is NOT adequate for the item being shipped. It was shipped the least expensive way with no insurance, just tracking. Even with insurance the Postal Service would have denied the claim due to poor packaging. Taking a hard plastic case holder (regardless of the coin inside of the holder), wrapping it in a paper envelope and putting it a small mailer is not sufficient to withstanding the handling. A processing machine caused that damage. Contact the seller. They do have a responsibility to pack and ship correctly. It's that simple.

Travlntiques likes this.
  10. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

How about lion costumes on dogs ?

That might slow down your mail delivery ...

[​IMG]

green18 and rooman9 like this.
  11. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

Stupid is as stupid does!

12. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Omg that's a crime show the pics to the seller he should give you your monies back or something... Be credited back to you... Cause your slab is damaged ....

Travlntiques likes this.
  13. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I've had several cases where they just put the coin loose in an envelope and it worked its way out in the mail. Other times they just put it in a thin plastic bag in the mail with the same result. One time I remember I was fortunate that the coin fell out while I was bringing the mail in. It hung on just long enough to reach my door.

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I got one of those once. Took the envelope out of the mailbox and there was the coin, 48% of it sticking out of the tear it had been making in the side of the envelope. So I just gave it a VERY slight tug and removed it from the envelope. I think if it had gone a few more houses I would have received an empty envelope.

Draft saved Draft deleted