One of the coolest gifts I've ever received.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Beardigger, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

A friend of mine gifted me with an 11 lb. bag of World Coins. I've spent the last few hours gleefully going through them. So far I have been through half the bag and have coins from 56 different countries that I can ID and about 6 more I'm not sure about. Too tired to finish tonight, but will be back at it tomorrow. There are so many really cool coins. I still have a lot to go through and a lot of research to do.....It should keep me busy through the holidays! What a great gift...….don't know how I'll every repay him. I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Fine friend foremost friendly.............forever.:)

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

World coins rule.:cool::cat::cat::cat: To me half the fun is in the research of each coin.

5. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Now THAT sounds cool! :cool:
    Any REAL friend would need nothing in return ;). The fact that you're getting so much enjoyment out of it, should be return gift enough. You hear that "friend"? You'll getting nothing in return, and like it! :hilarious:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I completely agree with @spirityoda.

World coins are the best.

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Love world coins. Let's see a picture of the bag of goodies!

CREATIVECRHUNTER likes this.
  8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

9. Beardigger

out of bag. There is more I have set aside to research. Nope no gold, but there is some silver!
    30F59CD1-AFBF-44AD-BE4E-4B9D8BF5389E.jpeg 622C7188-94A1-49B6-97DF-B055E3C90039.jpeg

10. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

spirityoda likes this.
  11. Beardigger

Here are some I have to figure out where they are from. If anyone knows, please let me know . Thank you!

E919223E-D61C-482F-9859-2D1963F0897F.jpeg 836ED958-CC05-4A4B-8958-D844E0563047.jpeg

12. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Silver is silver:):).

CoinJockey73 and spirityoda like this.
  13. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Middle two on bottom are from Greece. The others look Asian: maybe Japanese, Thai, etc.

CoinJockey73 and kountryken like this.
  14. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I gave my hoard of world coins to our granddaughter. Boy was that a mistake, now all I hear is PaPa where is this coin from. I want to keep her interest in coins so guess who has to do the research, should have kept them, shucks.

CoinJockey73 and Penny Luster like this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

#1 South Korea, #2 Israel #3 China #4 Thailand, #5 Ukraine #6 Greece #7 Greece #8 Japan, #9 Morocco

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Let us know if you have any more you need to identify. :cool::cat::cat::cat:

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Fun to experience seeing something different than the usual U.S. coins, isn't it?

sel w and CoinJockey73 like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  19. frech001

frech001 New but Old

I obtained a collection of about 6,000 world coins dating back over 500 years. I purchased the digital version of Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins dating back to the 1600s and took the time to learn the geography and basic political history for each coin. That made the process immensely more interesting and provided me an entirely new perspective of world history. I wish I could have found a way to determine what the contemporary purchase value was for the old coins.

20. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Surely you don't mean it when you say it was a mistake. I would give anything to have a granddaughter pester me with questions about coins.

Browns Fan likes this.
  21. Beardigger

Thank you all for the help!

spirityoda and CoinJockey73 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted