one of my accidentally found errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Silverpop, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

is this 1923s US silver dollar with a spike going out the eagle's right shoulder the error was found by me long after I had bought the coin slabbed by PCGS MS63, which surprised me as I had never seen the error till the right angle of light hit it

a variation of VAM1-K so I'm told, errors are not my cup of tea so to say

photos taken with an old webcam so they aren't the best

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so what real legit errors did you all find by pure accident

JeffC likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

nice find when I was going through rolls of pennys I threw one in but then a little latter I took a second look and it was a little off center by like 3% still a keeper.

4. Silverpop

yeah sometimes you just aren't expecting some errors to be there and yet they will sneak by you if you aren't looking carefully

5. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I have a 1930 SLQ with a die clash. Last year, I posted it here asking for help, cause I didn't know what that "tiny rectangle with a dot in it" was (to the left of her right knee). Several members replied that it was a die clash. It was the first time I heard of and learned about them.

SLQ-R copy.jpg

They then explained to me what a die clash was, and I said. "But there's nothing on the reverse design that has a 'tiny rectangle with a dot in it.' "

Then another member was nice enough to show me a superimposed image.

SLQ-O copy.jpg

And sure enough, there it was... the "E" in E PLURIBUS UNUM! I never would have guessed. And so it was a very memorable die clash lesson. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  6. Silverpop

very :cool:error coin

JeffC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted