One Fine Coin! 1992 South Africa "Mint Technology" coin - 2 Rand

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sio2ga, Apr 15, 2017.

1. sio2ga

sio2ga Member

Here's a coin that I got back from grading just today. This is a South Africa 2 Rand Silver coin that is commonly referred to as the "coin technologies" or "mint technologies" coin but labels as "Coinage Centennial". It was minted to celebrate a mint anniversary ( I forget which one ). The coin shows planchets being pressed from sheet metal. This is an exceptionally fine looking coin and the design won an award. I won the coin for a total of $33 on ebay (Lucky, I know) and conservation and grading set me back $30. I am a fan of South African coins. I'm interested in seeing pictures of this same year and type, or any South African coin, as a reply. Who knows, maybe I'll notice a coin that I haven't seen yet! 1992-rand-obv.jpg 1992-rand-rev.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice coin! Thanks for sharing.

I got this one recently..
    received_10212498288236155.jpeg

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Cool design! And yes, that coin does commemorate 100 years of the mint (near Pretoria). The South African Mint was established in 1892, as the mint of the Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek (of the Boers), and later became the mint of the Republic of South Africa.

Christian

sio2ga, TexAg and Nathan401 like this.
  5. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Beautiful coins sio2ga & paddyman98!!! :woot::woot::woot:

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Both excellent examples, thanks for sharing :)

Draft saved Draft deleted